Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Conditioner

FXR500

Question

You know, I think this has to be my favorite product. No matter how crappy the weather is, a clean (and crisp smelling) interior puts a smile on my face. I find myself putting a quick swipe of leather conditioner on a clean interior just to bump the scent up a little bit. Am I the only one?

I just ordered a gallon of it.  To buy it 16oz at a time it'd be 200 bucks for a gallon.  Buying it by the gallon, reduces the price to 100 bucks.  That's a HUGE savings!  I have three vehicles with leather and a 100% leather sofa.  It'll get used! 

I used a half bottle on my front and rear seats yesterday.  I'm now out and need to order more for the rest of the car.  lol 

The picture above was ONLY it sitting.  I never touched it.  I really do like the smell.  It's going to come off fake, but so will any scent compared to the real thing IMO.  It's all what your nose prefers.  

:jawdrop:

This is the only way I can get great results from the product - literally slathering it on the seats and then closing the doors and letting it sit for several hours (preferably in the sun). After that I buff off any product that hasn't fully soaked in. Works great that way but streaks like crazy when using sparingly per the instructions on the bottle, at least for me anyway.

WOW.

I was sent a 2.5 oz. sample and did my front/rear seats in my X5 TWICE with the sample bottle LMAO!

Like I said, I think it smells AWESOME!  Reminds me of my grandfather's leather chairs, sans the cigar smell (although that was nice too in its own way, prob cuz I'm a cigar man myself now).  However, when the wife compared it to the other bottle on the shelf, she prefers the smell of the other brand, they do both finish quite similarly in my opinion, with the Adam's conditioner a touch more shine, but when dried and sat overnight its very negligible.

All in all like I said I think the Adam's Conditioner for the price and size of the bottle is the best on the market by far!  $25 for 16 oz = $1.56 per oz.    The 1Z Einszett Lederpledge I use is $16 for 8.5 oz bottle, so price per ounce is $1.89.  And like I said, Einszett specifically says not for use on unfinished leathers, however, I believe most automotive leathers are finished.

How did you get that sample?

This is the only way I can get great results from the product - literally slathering it on the seats and then closing the doors and letting it sit for several hours (preferably in the sun). After that I buff off any product that hasn't fully soaked in. Works great that way but streaks like crazy when using sparingly per the instructions on the bottle, at least for me anyway.

Depends on your leather. Every car is different. Leather in the G8 drinks the stuff up like crazy so i put it on thick and let it soak in. Leather in the vette, however, barely absorbs any, so I started using TID instead.

Also I think Jason got the sample from another member so he could try it out before buying the whole bottle.

My Cadillac soaks the stuff up too. The Vette not so much. But like I said, I put it on heavier when I am prepping it for storage than I do in the summer. But it sure works great protecting the dashes.

How did you get that sample?

Correct, one of our nice members Chris (mtnbiker326) put a couple oz. in a trial size bottle (one of those airplane travel bottles) from Walmart and sent to me, very nice of him indeed, as I didn't want to commit to a bottle or gallon without trying for myself, as I said above, my current product is 100% satisfying to me and my wife as I use on both our cars.

I love everything about the conditioner, it dries perfectly matte overnight, is not greasy, and does everything the Adam's team says it should.  The scent is great on my nose, my wife wasn't the biggest fan though.  It does dissipate, but even a few weeks later I still get a slight whiff when opening my car.  I'm sticking to what I currently use since its good for both our cars (and happy wife = happy life) but I 100% wholeheartedly recommend Leather Conditioner to anyone and everyone!

Correct, one of our nice members Chris (mtnbiker326) put a couple oz. in a trial size bottle (one of those airplane travel bottles) from Walmart and sent to me, very nice of him indeed, as I didn't want to commit to a bottle or gallon without trying for myself, as I said above, my current product is 100% satisfying to me and my wife as I use on both our cars.

I love everything about the conditioner, it dries perfectly matte overnight, is not greasy, and does everything the Adam's team says it should.  The scent is great on my nose, my wife wasn't the biggest fan though.  It does dissipate, but even a few weeks later I still get a slight whiff when opening my car.  I'm sticking to what I currently use since its good for both our cars (and happy wife = happy life) but I 100% wholeheartedly recommend Leather Conditioner to anyone and everyone!

I agree with the happy wife, happy life.  Hopefully she will come around and get used to it for you.  :)

I thought it was my imagination but the leather conditioner did really look better the next day. I do have to agree with Jason's wife on the scent but it's a solid product and the scent doesn't really last long enough to matter to me.

Calling DvK, a thought that maybe you can chime in on, are there ANY cleaning agents in the Leather Conditioner?  Most I've dealt with have the slightest amount of cleaner in them, I'm wondering the same about LC.

Wondering if the lack of cleaning agent is what makes it safe on finished and unfinished leathers perhaps?

My current bottle of non-Adams is getting low and I am giving a 2nd try to it, thanks to a members sample, before I buy a bottle on my next order.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Calling DvK, a thought that maybe you can chime in on, are there ANY cleaning agents in the Leather Conditioner?  Most I've dealt with have the slightest amount of cleaner in them, I'm wondering the same about LC.

Wondering if the lack of cleaning agent is what makes it safe on finished and unfinished leathers perhaps?

My current bottle of non-Adams is getting low and I am giving a 2nd try to it, thanks to a members sample, before I buy a bottle on my next order.

I believe there is a cleaner in it.  I think Adam mentioned it in one of the videos.  I'll look for it.

EDIT: Can't find it, so I guess wait for Dylan.

Edited by SYMAWD

Update from my initial test of a sample of LC in the summer. Just got another sample from a member (thanks Dan!) and good news, the wife's nose approves!

I actually used it on her Frye boots and our leather couch yesterday, and our leather headboard. Will be ordering a full bottle in my next order!

And I will note there definitely is a minor cleaning agent in the conditioner as the MF towel I was using was definitely pulling dirt off as it was applied. Adams Leather Conditioner is a home run in my book and I'm glad to add it to my interior regimen!