Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay Bar

alenv10

Question

Im going to assume that the question has already been asked but I just got the adams clay for the first time and dont know how many pieces i will be able to break it down into?

2 100g pieces.. will it be able to get away with breaking each 100g piece in half?

will a 50g piece be able to take care of my entire car? dodge charger..

9 answers to this question

I have always used what felt most comfortable in my hand to work with as far as size.  The old clay bars I used to break them in half.  Have a new one, but haven't used it yet.  Just use it till it is dirty and when folded over remains dirty.  If that makes sense.  You should get a few cars out of a bar.  But it also depends on whether or not it has ever been clayed and how contaminated the paint is.

I'd say if its 2 100 gram bars, you could definitely break each in half, or combine both together and break into 1/3rds would work.

Then just store in a baggie spritzed with Detail Spray on the bar and you're good to go.

I still have the "old" adams Gray bar in the plastic tin, and recently just retired half of it because my wife's car and glass were ridiculously filthy.  I probably have one claying session left on her car and mine before I toss it and try out the new USA clay.  Is the new storage box a plastic container as well or is it an actual box?  Not gonna lie I love my old plastic tin that the current bar came in, I might keep it when the clay is done for future bar storage lol!

I'd say if its 2 100 gram bars, you could definitely break each in half, or combine both together and break into 1/3rds would work.

Then just store in a baggie spritzed with Detail Spray on the bar and you're good to go.

I still have the "old" adams Gray bar in the plastic tin, and recently just retired half of it because my wife's car and glass were ridiculously filthy.  I probably have one claying session left on her car and mine before I toss it and try out the new USA clay.  Is the new storage box a plastic container as well or is it an actual box?  Not gonna lie I love my old plastic tin that the current bar came in, I might keep it when the clay is done for future bar storage lol!

My paint is not neglected by any means, and has been clayed previously just wondering how long i can make one piece of clay last.

@Jason I have never used the old clay.. i believe it was in a tub with a screw on lid? 

the new box looks really nice but i feel it could seal a little bit better, but i love the look and design of the container.  it does shut and clip but not 100% sealed in my opinion

for the new clay, my car had not been clayed in about 6 months. Half a bar did my whole care and the clay still has some juice left.

Now, some people will use it just once, I have not had issues using it more. I stop using it when I feel grit or it is completely no longer the original color.

My paint is not neglected by any means, and has been clayed previously just wondering how long i can make one piece of clay last.

@Jason I have never used the old clay.. i believe it was in a tub with a screw on lid? 

the new box looks really nice but i feel it could seal a little bit better, but i love the look and design of the container.  it does shut and clip but not 100% sealed in my opinion

Yep old tub with screw on lid you got it!