Customer Service 866.965.0400

I can't believe this ... Oh in New York I can

blacktitan27

13 answers to this question

I believe so Rich and I take offense with the New York comment in title. It is in Garden City,Long Island which is an incorporated village with their own police. I live next town over and think its crazy. The police in Garden City are a bunch of idiots .

I believe so Rich and I take offense with the New York comment in title. It is in Garden City,Long Island which is an incorporated village with their own police. I live next town over and think its crazy. The police in GC are a bunch of idiots .

Huh? You didn't get the memo that NY is a cesspool of all things evil and wrong?  C'om now.   ;)

I'll vouch for your Garden City comment - I worked for AIG out of Garden City for a bit and the two things I remember are a fantastic little diner (whose name escapes me) and a police force goofy enough to have their own reality show.

Sounds to me the neighbors are the DBs .. theyre the ones that called it into Police. Pretty sad that there is even a law prohibiting the washing of a private veichle on private property. Sounds like the neighborhood has too many yuppie nosie DBs that have nothing better to do but to bust chops on neighbors by calling the police.

Edited by Mongosg8

my wife is originally from garden city, where this took place.  i live in NJ.  when it was time to pick a place to live i told her she had to move to NJ or that was the end of us.  she moved.  if i had known that you couldn't wash a car in the driveway then it would have made it even easier.   

that's a stupid ordinance IMO, i can see them not wanting people to run a detailing business out of their home, but normal washing should be fine.

Edited by stirthepot