Customer Service 866.965.0400

2009.5 G8 GXP Progress Thread

Chewy

Love the car.  I had my GXP for about 2 years before selling.  I had Livernois put a blower on, headers, tune, cam, and full exhaust.  Love the rumble of yours!  Thanks for sharing and enjoy the car because there are not many around!

Sounds VERY good!!

Nice work on those valve covers also!  Did you do any sanding on them, or just paint?

THANKS! The PO had painted them some ugly burgundy color so I removed, put a key in the paint with some scotch-brite and then topped with caliper paint.  It's rated at 550º and it's shiny, so I thought why not?  It came out better than I thought it would actually.  

I'm trying to make it more of a show car than anything.  It'll never be perfect, but it's not new either. 

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I worked several hours today on correcting my paint. It's surprisingly better than I'd have thought. You've gotta love the orange MF pad and correcting polish. Man that's a cutting combo! I find the silver VERY difficult to see the flaws which I guess is good in the long run. lol

No pics yet sorry! I've only done the top surfaces.

Its better to not see flaws easily. Anything is better than black in that aspect.

I sold a black GT to buy this car. I totally know what you're saying! It's one of the reasons I bought the car.

I sold a black GT to buy this car. I totally know what you're saying! It's one of the reasons I bought the car.

My daily driver black silverado that gets used to work quite a bit is a never ending battle. Keep this thread up to date I enjoy checking out a nice g8.

Looks really good. Ive been entertaining the idea of a gxp as of late. I can't remember the time a GM car held its value so much, and it upsets me as a buyer! :P

I have my heart set on a cts v, but i can save myself about $15k on a gxp.

What's next on the To-Do list?

Looks really good. Ive been entertaining the idea of a gxp as of late. I can't remember the time a GM car held its value so much, and it upsets me as a buyer! :P

I have my heart set on a cts v, but i can save myself about $15k on a gxp.

What's next on the To-Do list?

THANKS! 

I need to get the new SuperPro front control and radius rods and caster plates on, I have some billet for under the hood that I need to get sprayed black before installing, the interior needs conditioned, and I bought some silver G2 caliper paint for the rear calipers.  I need to paint them and paint the rotor hats black.  

Then I think it's show time.  I'm sure I'll find more to do, but I need to drive it.   ;)

what did you use to black out the chrome trim around the windows?

That's OEM trim from Australia.  It's used on the base VE's.  

damn you actually spent the money on those trims? i can't see myself paying that much for them lol

I brought in 4 of them.  3 went to other people and I bought a set.  400 bucks for stock trim is better than spraying it with dip or trying to lay vinyl on it IMO.