Customer Service 866.965.0400

storing microfiber towels or pads

Easyrider

Question

23 answers to this question

I like to store them in a cabinet where they are protected from the dusty environment yet not totally air tight. Sometimes the airtight feature can cause havoc here in mildew prone Florida if the towels were not 100% dry.

Jason,

Try walmart. I purchased some clear totes from them yesterday. Steri-lite made in USA. 47qt I think off the top of my head.Bought 6 for my upcoming trip to use in the back of my truck. When I return, they will go in the garage for my supplies.

I always wash between uses, reusing just seems kind of "iffy" to me. I don't have the revitalizer, so I just use the old method of Woolite in the washing machine.

I do much the same. I have a plastic bucket that I put the used ones in until there are 10-12 to wash. I wash the single soft's separate from the black towels. (OK I so have one gray single soft) I only use Woolite to wash them.

Do you wash your microfiber towels after each use, or let them dry out and reuse a few times?

Do you use the revitalizer in washing machine?

I wash all my single softs and double softs after each use. I use them when I'm doing paint correcting. And I wash my blues after I do a rinseless. I usually have enough to do a small load. And yes I add an ounce or two of revitalizer to the washing machine.

Do you wash your microfiber towels after each use, or let them dry out and reuse a few times? 

Do you use the revitalizer in washing machine?

This has been covered before Ryan (check the microfiber section), but personally, I have a small basket hanging on the side of my garage shelf which i put soiled MF towels in (as well as MF mop scrubbing pads for the mop, MF wax applicators, etc), and when it gets full, I take them to the basement and use my dedicated MF detergent (another brand which is equivalent to MFR&B).

For a normal sized load, hot water wash and 1 oz. of MFR&B is all you need, if you are doing a large load filled to the brim, put 2 oz. in.  Don't overdo it because you won't be able to get all the residues rinsed out, follow the directions on the bottle.  No bleach low heat on dryer setting (or air fluff if you wish), no fabric softeners or dryer sheets.  I also put a half cup of vinegar in my wash load as I find it helps the towels come out more "crisp" if you will.

Some pre-treat soiled MF's with MFR&B, but I ust APC as it seems to work fine for my needs.  When my current detergent runs out I plan on buying 2 MFR&B's, 1 to keep in the laundry room with a self-cleaning cap on it for pouring, and 1 to keep on my shelf in the garage to pre-treat the MF towels as I use them.

And yes, once used, don't reuse them unless washing.

I like to store them in a cabinet where they are protected from the dusty environment yet not totally air tight. Sometimes the airtight feature can cause havoc here in mildew prone Florida if the towels were not 100% dry.

You can buy desiccants from a locksmith who sells safes for about 10 bucks. They can be regenerated by putting them on a sunny window sill for a day. Works great in the safe. I'm sure it would work well for MF towels as well. They last forever too

I'm looking for a sterile 3 drawer setup, but the only one I found is not big enough to my liking. I did see a modular one that was the perfect size, but they only had 1 left, and the other targets were out of them =/