Customer Service 866.965.0400

New garage ... updates

Blue17CamaroZL1

All great stuff. You're building a garage almost exactly how I would. However, I would have lights along the wall at waist height for detailing jobs, haha.

Something I've always wondered. How much more would it cost to install drainage in the garage so you could wash inside of the garage?

Edited by Laguna

Something I've always wondered. How much more would it cost to install drainage in the garage so you could wash inside of the garage?

I do Rinseless washes my garage and I do not have a drain.  It leaves about the same amount of water that you would get if you brought the car in from a heavy rain.

Matt.  Yes.  But I would recommend using a product like this one, from Sherwin Williams.  I don't care much for the BEHR products.  I prefer Sherwin Williams or something from an actual paint store.  I would recommend doing 2 coats of primer sealer and 2 coats of whatever paint you choose.  I would think from what I see you will probably need 10 gallons of paint and 10 gallons of primer.  Or you could buy individual gallons.  On big jobs like that garage I find it easier to buy the 5 gallon pails.  A quality paint is determined by the amount of titanium dioxide in it.  There is a difference in the percentages between a BEHR paint and a paint from Sherwin Williams for example.  

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/products/catalog/multipurpose_primer/

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

some bad news.  I held a BBQ this weekend to celebrate my retirement from my DJ business.  17+ years of my own business that I decided to shut down this year.

I was doing a project this week of painting my calipers on the camaro when someone asked to see how my progress was going.  I walk around the back of the Camaro and peer into the corner of the garage when what do I notice, theres about a 2 foot crack in the concrete.