Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car!!!

Blackdevil77

Question

I just bought a brand spankin' new 2014 Shelby GT500, black with the black vinyl stripes, I pick the car up on Friday :D Of course when I get her home, I'm gonna have to give her the "spa" treatment. Full wash, clay bar, polish (correct any dealer surface scratches), and finally wax. I have all the stuff I need, just have one question on order of application. 

I want to protect the finish when I am done, but also want that deep wet shine. So do I add the layer of protection on the car BEFORE glazing/Americana waxing, or put the glaze and Americana wax on BEFORE I use the machine super sealant? In which order should I apply these products to the car?

23 answers to this question

Congrats on your new ride, Blackdevil!  FWIW, I definitely approve of your taste in cars...   :cheers:

I posted a summary of what I did with mine here.  Looking forward to pics of yours...  

Edited by Norton

Congrats on your new ride, Blackdevil!  FWIW, I definitely approve of your taste in cars...   :cheers:

I posted a summary of what I did with mine here.  Looking forward to pics of yours...  

Thanks!!! I can't wait to get her home, the wait is killing me! I have a 230 mile drive home, I live on Long Island and I'll be picking her up from a dealer in MA! 

Thanks for the link, that's EXACTLY what I'll do! I'll post pics as soon as she's home! :D

Thanks!!! I can't wait to get her home, the wait is killing me! I have a 230 mile drive home, I live on Long Island and I'll be picking her up from a dealer in MA! 

Thanks for the link, that's EXACTLY what I'll do! I'll post pics as soon as she's home! :D

That should be a fun road trip.  I know the area well - I grew up in RI and my wife graduated from Northport High School.  (Assuming you take I-95, you'll pass right through my old "stomping grounds," just after/before you cross out of/into CT.)  Having taken delivery of mine just outside Seattle and immediately driven it home to Colorado, I'm envious of your shorter drive.  Mine was a good road trip, but that was a LOT of miles on the car in the first three days I owned it and I did it in November, so weather was a big concern!

You're welcome!  Note that much of how I detailed mine was based on recommendations I received from Dylan, after discussing options with him during a Detail Clinic at Adam's HQ last spring.

That should be a fun road trip.  I know the area well - I grew up in RI and my wife graduated from Northport High School.  (Assuming you take I-95, you'll pass right through my old "stomping grounds," just after/before you cross out of/into CT.)  Having taken delivery of mine just outside Seattle and immediately driven it home to Colorado, I'm envious of your shorter drive.  Mine was a good road trip, but that was a LOT of miles on the car in the first three days I owned it and I did it in November, so weather was a big concern!

You're welcome!  Note that much of how I detailed mine was based on recommendations I received from Dylan, after discussing options with him during a Detail Clinic at Adam's HQ last spring.

Yup, I'll be on I-95 for sure! Already made the trip once to show them the trade in. I don't mind the distance, but any more than this with a new car, I would of probably shipped it. Not because I don't want to drive it, I just don't want to break it in all in one shot with all highway miles. 

Great choice, can't wait to see it!!

Congrats and best of luck with your new ride .

Congrats! Looking forward to the pics. :cheers:

This thread is meaningless without pics!

Thank you! I will certainly be posting pictures once I pick up the car!

Here are the pictures, as promised!!! :D :D : D

Basically, I drove 230 miles to the dealership in this….

20140502_163858_zps65d906f7.jpg

And drove home in this!!!

20140502_165629_zps491c678c.jpg

Here's a lousy pic my mother took of me and the salesman who was AWESOME throughout the whole long ordeal

20140502_165730_zpsb59cb812.jpg

And Here's a picture of me and my mother that Jim (salesman) took

20140502_165827_zps58f0347a.jpg

And here are a few extras after the 230 mile trip home

20140503_073013_zps0b104e85.jpg

20140503_073034_zps20a818a6.jpg

20140503_073102_zps3293f80d.jpg

Picked it up in Ma.?  

Yup, at York Ford

Hell yeah!  Nice cherry tree too, lol!  I have an SS, and I LOVE Shelbys.  I'd probably trade my car in to get one.

Thanks!

Congrats and WOW! :thumbsup: You are a young man and that is a very powerful car.....be careful & enjoy.

Yes it is, will do, and thanks!!