Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wash... The Death of Waterless Wash?

Kingsford

Question

I don't know about everyone else but it seems like ever since I started using Rinseless Wash in 1:16 mixtures in spray bottles I have stopped using my WW. I feel like I have more control over Rinseless Wash and how "Slippery" it is or isn't. I've been mixing mine in Kwazar Bottles with bottled water to avoid contaminants.

What do you guys think? Have you noticed yourself doing the same? Is WW doomed?

I'd hate to see such a long and iconic product just die.

Well, since Rinseless can be diluted into Waterless, I'd say yes. Having both products for sale is redundant. Although, in terms of application, if I have a car that is in the garage that hasn't been outside since I last cleaned it, and it has nothing but some dust, I would use WW to saturate and wipe away. Light dust on an otherwise spotlessly clean car is no reason to break out buckets and fill them with water. However, if the car had been driven, then I'd more than likely use RW.

Sometimes I like to pre-treat my panels with WW before Rinseless Washing, just for added lubricity.

Rinseless diluted 1:16 is a waterless wash.. so does the traditional waterless wash product make any sense?? NO. Why? For starters the cost of a 16 oz bottle of Waterless wash is $9.95, currently on sale for $8.95. The cost of a 16 oz bottle of waterless wash made from diluting the rinseless wash 1:16 with water costs $1.12 if you purchased a 16 oz bottle of rinseless. So one single 16 oz bottle of rinseless wash produces 256 oz of waterless wash all for only $17.95. 

So I'm not sure why anyone would ever purchase waterless wash at this stage of the game. Any sale they put on waterless wash wouldn't even make sense unless they made a bottle of the stuff $1. Even then it doesn't make sense because a gallon of rinseless wash can produce 16 gallons of waterless wash. 

I would have to assume it will be discontinued once they run out of their current supply. Unless they are planning to cater to someone who wants to save the hassle of diluting a product. Then again if someone is that lazy I would doubt they are washing their own car and not letting someone else do it. 

I talked to Ben (at Adam's) and he stated that they are just out of stock right now and will resupply here really soon.  It isn't going away just yet.  (at least according to Adam's CS team)

I am also with everyone else here regarding rinseless being a better waterless solution (dollar wise) than straight up waterless.  I just traded for an empty waterless wash gallon container for the price of shipping it (yes it is expensive).  Even with the shipping, the gallon of rinseless diluted to waterless (1:16) comes out to $3.13 per gallon of waterless in product only.  Just add another $5ish for shipping of the empty gallon and the price for waterless wash (smelling like rinseless blueberry) is ~$8.13 vs waterless that is $39.95.  Huge savings.  Now that I own the gallon container, I can just refill it for $3.13 vs another $39.95.  To me this is a no brainer.

When you can use rinseless diluted for waterless washing, rinseless washing, claying, bug treatment, bird dung treatment, dust removal, etc, it is hard to justify the extra cost associated with waterless wash.  At least in my mind.

Any thoughts?

Edited by mtnbiker326

Off topic a bit, but can Waterless Wash be used as a clay lube? I still have a bottle of it and I was thinking about using it as a clay lube. I mainly just use it for cleaning door jambs and trunk jambs. I do not own any rinse less wash yet, but I think I will purchase some soon after reading about the cost effectiveness of it.

Off topic a bit, but can Waterless Wash be used as a clay lube? I still have a bottle of it and I was thinking about using it as a clay lube. I mainly just use it for cleaning door jambs and trunk jambs. I do not own any rinse less wash yet, but I think I will purchase some soon after reading about the cost effectiveness of it.

Yes. Many people including myself have used WW and/or diluted RW for a clay lube or a drying agent.

How is the Rinseless/waterless for clay lube? Better and/or equal to detail spray?

This has been covered before. The answer is no it's not better. Detail spray is better. Ww has been around for a while and now rinseless, they would have changed up the process if there was a benefit.

This has been covered before. The answer is no it's not better. Detail spray is better. Ww has been around for a while and now rinseless, they would have changed up the process if there was a benefit.

I do agree with Wardo in that detail spray is better... but, is it any more or less efficient as a lubricant, regardless of shine enhancement (detail spray) or wax enhancement (rinseless wash), no.

Thus the recommendation here that rinseless wash (diluted to 1:16...waterless wash) can be safely and cheaply used as a substitute for detail spray with the claying step of paint cleaning and correction.  Even if you were a little liberal with your ratio, say up to 1:8 or double the rinseless in the mixture, it will be even more potent for just a few cents more on the dollar per 16oz bottle worth of product.

Compared to the complete cost of detail spray at full price (even with 10% forum discount).  It is just the economical way to go.  A 16 oz bottle of detail spray ordered is $12.95 (or $11.65 discounted) + shipping whereas the rinseless diluted (1:8 or 16) is on the order of ($6.95 for the new empty bottle + $17.95/8 or 16) = $6.95 + 2.24 or $1.12 =  $9.19 or $8.07  (for the first time use of the bottle)  Afterwards it will be just $2.24 for 1:8 and $1.12 for 1:16.  All this vs a full $12.95 (or $11.65) + shipping.

Edited by mtnbiker326

There is one thing I like about the Waterless Wash, it is that to my understanding it does not contain wax/gloss enhancers whereas the Rinseless wash does.  I prefer NOT to have gloss enhancers or any additional fillers.  

There is one thing I like about the Waterless Wash, it is that to my understanding it does not contain wax/gloss enhancers whereas the Rinseless wash does.  I prefer NOT to have gloss enhancers or any additional fillers.  

On that point, I would agree that waterless wash is the way to go.  If you don't want any enhancers, yes, waterless wash is your product of choice.  :)

With the product being used as diluted as it is, I don't think the deposit left behind is really anything substantial. And it definitely does not have fillers in it.

I disagree with the last few statements above.

In order of gloss enhancers going from least amount to most:

Waterless Wash (original) ---- Then Rinseless diluted 1:16 ---- Detail Spray V1 ----- Detail Spray V2 which has the most amount of gloss enhancer.

I don't want to argue this to death but many of us are using either Waterless or now the Rinseless 1:16 in lieu of Detail Spray for claying, it is just as slick if not slicker, doesn't deposit on the surface much at all, which is a perfect prep for polishing or laying a coat of wax/sealant afterwards.

I wholeheartedly disagree with Wardo above, Adam himself said at Detailers Domain clinic 2 years ago that you can clay just as well with Waterless Wash (the original formula at the time), and it has been well discussed here that the new Rinseless diluted 1:16 works just as well as Detail Spray for drying, wipedowns, and for claying.  It's even a better wipedown between steps of polishing because the Detail Spray V2 contains those additional gloss enhancers.

Try both and see for yourself, I think a lot of the guys who are saying "you can't clay with waterless its not as good as detail spray", or "no way rinseless 1:16 works as well as detail spray" most likely haven't tried it for themselves to see.  Make sure you're mixing your Rinseless 1:16 with distilled water as it will finish cleaner.

So to answer the OP's question, yes I think original formula Waterless Wash has become a redunant product in the line, if it sells just as well as always for Adam's, then they should keep selling it.  However, Rinseless is such a versatile 3 in 1 product that I can't see why they wouldn't eventually phase it out and add the "new era" of Waterless Wash become the regimen product of choice.

Just my .02

I don't want to argue this to death but many of us are using either Waterless or now the Rinseless 1:16 in lieu of Detail Spray for claying, it is just as slick if not slicker, doesn't deposit on the surface much at all, which is a perfect prep for polishing or laying a coat of wax/sealant afterwards.

If you look through a few other threads Adam and Dylan (now Nick's account) talk about how Waterless Wash & Rinseless are too slippery to allow clay to function to its full potential. 

You should really follow what a company tells you. They know their products the best and know what works best.

If you look through a few other threads Adam and Dylan (now Nick's account) talk about how Waterless Wash & Rinseless are too slippery to allow clay to function to its full potential. 

I posted this recently as well, but Mook replied that WW was ok to use as clay lube.  I tried it last weekend and it worked fine.

I have not used Adam/s Rinseless Wash as a clay lube yet, as i have lots ONR still to use up.

How many times do I have to say it and why do you fight me on it Kingsford?

I told you that this was at Detailers Domain clinic 2 years ago and Adam himself said waterless wash was perfectly acceptable as clay lube, it just won't leave the gloss behind that detail spray does.

Just because you found an old post from Dylan (now Nick) when we were debating doesn't mean it's the end all be all. If you want to be the only guy around here who thinks that detail spray is the only liquid in Adams line that can be used as clay lubricant, be my guest and enjoy wasting it at 45 bucks a gallon.

Guess what? If Dylan said back in the day that Waterless is slicker than detail spray when it comes to claying, common sense would say to use LESS product when claying to counteract the added lubricity and SAVE PRODUCT AND MONEY and accomplish the same result.

As well, ask any detailer who runs a shop, Phil @ DD, Larry Kosilla @ AMMO NYC, Garry Dean, probably even Kevin Brown himself and they will tell you that when done washing the car, a fresh bucket of soapy water and a soaped up panel is just as effective for claying than spraying lubricant on a dry surface. This would tell us that you could clay your vehicle with just Adam's Car Shampoo and fresh water after done washing.

Guess what? Car Shampoo is slicker than both products, so are you going to call all those detailers who run their own shops and tell them that they are all dead wrong and can only clay a vehicle properly with a dedicated quick detail spray?

Think outside the box a little man, it doesn't say on the SVRT bottle that you can make 70/30 VRT milk as a spray able product but people do it, are they wrong to do so since it can be used in lieu of Invisible Undercarriage Spray?

You almost defend Detail Spray as clay lube as if people using Rinseless 1:16 are going to eat away sales from Adam's. THEY DESIGNED IT and even explain in the video how it is a multi use product designed to be diluted.

Trust me, detail spray sells a ton and we aren't eating into sales of it, and as long as Waterless V1 sells just as good as always they will still carry it. If it's not selling well and they decide to push Rinseless diluted in place of it, then we might see it discontinued eventually, but it's all about how the current product sells which dictates its future, not whether we can make a comparable product out of Rinseless.

I just don't see why you are so quick to strike down Waterless or Rinseless 1:16 as an alternative to Detail Spray if you don't want the added gloss. It does all the exact things and does them well, that Detail Spray does, without the gloss.

If you wanted less slickness out of waterless wash, and that's your argument, did you know you can dilute Rinseless according to ONR dilutions?

8 oz per gallon as quick detailer

2 oz per gallon as clay lubricant

1 oz in wash bucket as water softener

2 oz per 5 gallon as a rinseless wash

So if you want an even cheaper, less lubrication, and effective clay lube, use even LESS rinseless and put 2 oz in a gallon of distilled water and you'll have enough clay lubricant for a year. I'll keep using it in QD dilution just because I have a gallon mixed and I just spray a little less, but it works great.

Mind = blown

I told you that this was at Detailers Domain clinic 2 years ago and Adam himself said waterless wash was perfectly acceptable as clay lube, it just won't leave the gloss behind that detail spray does.

Just because you found an old post from Dylan (now Nick) when we were debating doesn't mean it's the end all be all. If you want to be the only guy around here who thinks that detail spray is the only liquid in Adams line that can be used as clay lubricant, be my guest and enjoy wasting it at 45 bucks a gallon.

Guess what? If Dylan said back in the day that Waterless is slicker than detail spray when it comes to claying, common sense would say to use LESS product when claying to counteract the added lubricity and SAVE PRODUCT AND MONEY and accomplish the same result.

As well, ask any detailer who runs a shop, Phil @ DD, Larry Kosilla @ AMMO NYC, Garry Dean, probably even Kevin Brown himself and they will tell you that when done washing the car, a fresh bucket of soapy water and a soaped up panel is just as effective for claying than spraying lubricant on a dry surface. This would tell us that you could clay your vehicle with just Adam's Car Shampoo and fresh water after done washing.

Guess what? Car Shampoo is slicker than both products, so are you going to call all those detailers who run their own shops and tell them that they are all dead wrong and can only clay a vehicle properly with a dedicated quick detail spray?

Think outside the box a little man, it doesn't say on the SVRT bottle that you can make 70/30 VRT milk as a spray able product but people do it, are they wrong to do so since it can be used in lieu of Invisible Undercarriage Spray?

You almost defend Detail Spray as clay lube as if people using Rinseless 1:16 are going to eat away sales from Adam's. THEY DESIGNED IT and even explain in the video how it is a multi use product designed to be diluted.

Trust me, detail spray sells a ton and we aren't eating into sales of it, and as long as Waterless V1 sells just as good as always they will still carry it. If it's not selling well and they decide to push Rinseless diluted in place of it, then we might see it discontinued eventually, but it's all about how the current product sells which dictates its future, not whether we can make a comparable product out of Rinseless.

I just don't see why you are so quick to strike down Waterless or Rinseless 1:16 as an alternative to Detail Spray if you don't want the added gloss. It does all the exact things and does them well, that Detail Spray does, without the gloss.

If you wanted less slickness out of waterless wash, and that's your argument, did you know you can dilute Rinseless according to ONR dilutions?

So if you want an even cheaper, less lubrication, and effective clay lube, use even LESS rinseless and put 2 oz in a gallon of distilled water and you'll have enough clay lubricant for a year. I'll keep using it in QD dilution just because I have a gallon mixed and I just spray a little less, but it works great.

Mind = blown

Amen, Amen.. and Amen

Mind = blown

Couldn't agree more. Thanks for taking the time to post this, I've been wanting to say the same....

SNIP

Mind = blown

+1  I was going to write the same thing and then just didn't.  Call me lazy I guess.

Dude relax... Why are you making such a big deal about this? All you ever do is try to start an argument. Just relax. You haven't even been around here that long. If this is the way we are going to start to let people talk on the forum then I'll be leaving. It never used to be like this. I seem to recall another thread you were arguing with people that got closed because of it. Just relax!

Detail Spray is what Adams recommends with Clay. If you want to use something else go for it no ones stopping you. That's not even about what this thread is about.

Edited by Kingsford

Someone just close this. This thread is ruined, completely off subject and it seems like this is where this forum is going... Apparently we can just talk to everyone like nothing any more and using company recommended procedures are completely outrageous and wrong.