Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hex Grip Pro Tire Applicators

AZGTO

Question

Carrand Brush... Gets a THUMBS DOWN.... It did not spread very well and seemed to use a lot of product. I used it with the old VRT (non-water resistant) and it just wasn't good. Probably used about 3oz for one tire and after that I just finished up with a Hex Grip. I think the Brush would be good for a spray on tire dressing but not a gel or liquid. 

Carrand Brush... Gets a THUMBS DOWN.... It did not spread very well and seemed to use a lot of product. I used it with the old VRT (non-water resistant) and it just wasn't good. Probably used about 3oz for one tire and after that I just finished up with a Hex Grip. I think the Brush would be good for a spray on tire dressing but not a gel or liquid.

I have had good results with that one using a sprayable tire dressing. I like the foam block

Or hex grip for products like VRT.

Edited by Fphillips

I have had good results with that one using a sprayable tire dressing. I like the foam block

Or hex grip for products like VRT.

Ya that's what I figured. Seems like more of a sprayable type deal. The spray stuff I have is too shiny for me so I stick with VRT for my Tires and SVRT for my trim.

We are looking into increasing the size of the block sponges for a SVRT applicator.  What do you guys think of that?  Yay, or nay??

They used to be bigger than they are now at one time.  I ordered some more a while back and they are noticeably smaller than what used to be offered.

I bought two of these off ebay awhile ago.  I have not tried these yet so I don't know they work with SVRT.  They are 4".  They are made by lake country.

I looked at these too. Let me know what you think.

Just picked up a few hex applicators. Curious - do you clean your applicator from time to time to free it of excess VRT? Or are these simply good to go as a dedicated tire applicator. Thanks

These are good to go as a dedicated tire applicator. I keep mine faced down on a paper towel in the garage in between uses and they last for quite awhile. 

Just picked up a few hex applicators. Curious - do you clean your applicator from time to time to free it of excess VRT? Or are these simply good to go as a dedicated tire applicator. Thanks

I like to clean it out every other use to keep my hands cleaning when using.  APC and hot water do wonders.