Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hex Grip Pro Tire Applicators

AZGTO

Question

I believe that the manufacturer cannot produce them as fast as Adam's can sell them.

"Hex Grip Applicators, supplied by our #1 worst performing vendor, when they informed us that instead of a crazy 8-week lead time, there is now a 16-20 week lead time, can go BYE BYE!  They couldn't fill our orders when there was an 8 week lead time, and now, 20?  That's insane, and they couldn't make enough to fill orders for half that long."

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/26264-you-askwhy-have-we-removed-products-from-our-site/

We have some remaining if you're keen to purchase from Australia (Given that no other options are available)

I believe they were one of the discontinued products weren't they? The supplier had difficulty keeping up with the demand. I really liked them too though. You can still find them, but they just can't be purchased from Adam's. Good luck!

Phil @ Detailers Domain has some if you need, I grabbed one a few months back, as well as a yellow Hex Buttery applicator.

The Hex Grips are made by American Buffing Co., obviously they need to step up their manufacturing game!

I feel good about this! I took a chance and bought 15 of the "Defective" ones that were on clearance for like $3 a piece and I still have about 9 left.

I've tried some other brands of these but sadly (especially because this is from the worst supplier) nothing has come close... I really like the Hex Grips but they are getting hard to find.

Edited by Kingsford

I feel good about this! I took a chance and bought 15 of the "Defective" ones that were on clearance for like $3 a piece and I still have about 9 left.

I've tried some other brands of these but sadly (especially because this is from the worst supplier) nothing has come close... I really like the Hex Grips but they are getting hard to find.

Yeah I bought a couple of those and I agree these are my favorite kind of applicator for the tires. I'm going to reach out to a couple of the dealers and see if they have any.

Love the hex grip tire applicators. Good to know they are gone now, will be sure to keep my existing ones as long as possible since replacing them won't be easy.

Agreed, I had to break out a new one recently, but now I know I have to hoard them!!

It seems harder to find any of the hex applicators, adams dealers or otherwise. I can find the revive blue most places, but the Americana, buttery, or even the blk/red are hard to find. Which sucks, because I like the hex grips a lot more than the ufo or microfiber for wax, glaze, and sealant applications.

Furious shine has the yellow, blue and the black tire hex applicators

Thanks for the mention! My supply is getting lower every day, but I still have some left! Being a newer Dealer not everyone knows me yet ;-) Here is what I have as of this moment:

3  - Adams Americana Premium Wax & Glaze Applicator

6  - Adams Hex Grip Blue Car Polish Applicator

16 - Adams Hex Grip Tire Dressing Applicator

2 - Adams Hex Grip Yellow Car Wax Applicator

I also still have some of the other hard to find items (Turbo Tool, Single Soft Towels, Carpet Brush, Tire Brush, & Leather & Interior Brush! 

Edited by Furious Shine

I have a bunch of the Pro Tire Applicators in stock, as well as a lot of orange and blue hex grips.  Also, I have a few of the flip pads in stock.  I have been using the Flip Pads for polishing aluminum and they work amazing!  The orange works well with the Metal Polish #1 and the Blue side works with MP #2.  Colors are swapped!!

Links:

Pro Tire Applicator

Blue Hex

Orange Hex

Flip Pad

Also, if you are looking for a product, feel free to contact me.  Even if I don't have it in stock, I don't carry the volume Adam does, so I may be able to justify placing small orders, as long as I get enough interest.

eric@thompsonracing.us

Edited by eric@thompsonracing.us

The supply problem with these applicators isn't the foam but the actual grip.  The grip is what has been discontinued by the manufacturer, so nobody is able to get these any longer.

Speaking of discontinued items. I also continue to stock many of the products such as Boar's Hair Wheel Brushes, FIre Hose Nozzles, Turbo Sticks, etc.  Get in touch for more info.

- Darryl

The supply problem with these applicators isn't the foam but the actual grip.  The grip is what has been discontinued by the manufacturer, so nobody is able to get these any longer.

Speaking of discontinued items. I also continue to stock many of the products such as Boar's Hair Wheel Brushes, FIre Hose Nozzles, Turbo Sticks, etc.  Get in touch for more info.

- Darryl

I can confirm this. I spoke with a distributer about buying these in bulk and they are no longer made at all.

Sad to see these all disappear! As I really liked them, like everyone else. 

The manufacturer stopped producing them friends, we liked them too!  One of the many companies that went south over the long winter.  We simply sold out faster!   THERE IS A GREAT REPLACEMENT COMING SOON....

;)

Adam, do you have a time frame when the new applicators will be released? And will this be for the entire line of hex applicators (wax, polish, tire, etc) or just a new tire applicator?