Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hex Grip Pro Tire Applicators

AZGTO

Question

Sad to see these all disappear! As I really liked them, like everyone else. 

Adam, do you have a time frame when the new applicators will be released? And will this be for the entire line of hex applicators (wax, polish, tire, etc) or just a new tire applicator?

No one has the Hex Grips anymore. If you actually look at the pad, you will see a line between the top grip and the bottom pad where it is glued... The Top Grip is no longer produced. I hit up a dealer looking to buy in bulk before they were gone and thats what I was told. Sad because those were really my all time favorite.

UFO applicators are the replacement by going by the wholesale page.  A good applicator but yes the Hex grips were the shizzle.

I have a Buttery Hex, Black/Red Uber Hex from Phil @ DD, and a Pro Tire Hex, gonna have to make sure they stay in good order lol.

I'd agree with that. I drop my LC one all the time because I can't hold it BUT... Have you seen anything else out there that isn't discontinued that would be a good option? I really haven't. 

I'd agree with that. I drop my LC one all the time because I can't hold it BUT... Have you seen anything else out there that isn't discontinued that would be a good option? I really haven't.

Just blows me away that whatever company would stop making these. There's obviously a demand for them

These UFOs will hopefully be a temporary solution  There are a few other things we're working in the meantime as a more efficient/ergonomic replacement though.  :)

Also, it's worth mentioning that the UFO options aren't really intended as a replacement for the Pro Tire App, more geared toward the rest of the Hex Grips, Orange, Blue, Yellow, Americana.

We are looking into increasing the size of the block sponges for a SVRT applicator.  What do you guys think of that?  Yay, or nay??

Nick I think whatever you do for the tire applicator it needs to have a real stiffness to them. I've tried out some alternatives myself and I've noticed they are all soft and don't work well for bigger bulkier tires. If that makes any sense.

ACC_2001-2T.jpg

Just throwing it out there... THESE SUCK! I bought a couple to try and they were too soft and not comfortable to hold.

Nick if this helps any, I actually cut some of my blocks down to make smaller foam pieces to apply in tight spots and small spaces. Makes doing window trim easier without it getting the glass all greasy and nasty. I also have a small piece of plastic between my mirrors and doors which the full size block doesn't get into and I use a smaller piece there too. What about making something pre-cut so you easily pull it apart into smaller blocks or leave it big if you wanted to. I don't know just throwing it out there. The tire applicator is the hardest of the applicators to replace because the Hex Grip Tire Applicator was just so perfect for what it did.

Edited by Kingsford

These UFOs will hopefully be a temporary solution  There are a few other things we're working in the meantime as a more efficient/ergonomic replacement though.  :)

Also, it's worth mentioning that the UFO options aren't really intended as a replacement for the Pro Tire App, more geared toward the rest of the Hex Grips, Orange, Blue, Yellow, Americana.

We are looking into increasing the size of the block sponges for a SVRT applicator.  What do you guys think of that?  Yay, or nay??

Even the UFO's as a waxing solution are terrible. I've tried to use them and they slide right out of your hand. Also wasn't the reason for getting rid of the orange hex grips awhile back is that you all were pushing that polishing really needed to be done by machine and not a hand applicator? Seems like going back to that now in a UFO applicator is taking two steps in the wrong direction. 

Temporary is good - not a fan of the UFOs.

Nay.  Not interested in larger blocks.

I think the blocks are good the way they are. 

+1.

Even the UFO's as a waxing solution are terrible. I've tried to use them and they slide right out of your hand. Also wasn't the reason for getting rid of the orange hex grips awhile back is that you all were pushing that polishing really needed to be done by machine and not a hand applicator? Seems like going back to that now in a UFO applicator is taking two steps in the wrong direction. 

+1.

Nick I think the Super Block applicator size is fine, no increase is necessary.

For tire/trim dressing I also usually get one of each size of these Blue Uber Notched Applicators from Detailers Domain on my orders, they are about the same foam stiffness as the Super Block, but easy to hold bc of the notch:

uberblueapp.jpg

He also sells an Uber Red Waxing applicator which is softer foam (think Americana hex grip face, the red foam is the same as this applicator), and has a diameter of 4.5" and thickness of 2", just throwing it out there in case you guys aren't crazy about the UFO's (I personally think they are ok but these notched applicators are much easier to hold)

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Uber-Red-Notched-Applicator-Pad_p_245.html

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Nick I think the Super Block applicator size is fine, no increase is necessary.

For tire/trim dressing I also usually get one of each size of these Blue Uber Notched Applicators from Detailers Domain on my orders, they are about the same foam stiffness as the Super Block, but easy to hold bc of the notch:

uberblueapp.jpg

He also sells an Uber Red Waxing applicator which is softer foam (think Americana hex grip face, the red foam is the same as this applicator), and has a diameter of 4.5" and thickness of 2", just throwing it out there in case you guys aren't crazy about the UFO's (I personally think they are ok but these notched applicators are much easier to hold)

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Uber-Red-Notched-Applicator-Pad_p_245.html

Adam's used to sell these and I still have about 5 of them. Love them for tires because of the finger slot. I use the regular blocks for trim and such since I can cut them into different shapes.