Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do I clean this and what is it?

02SierraDenali

Question

17 answers to this question

They're hard water spots and I'd clay them VERY vigorously and then polish it off.  Start with Correcting Polish on an orange pad and finish with Finishing Polish on a white pad.  

Those are pretty bad and look to have etched into the clear.   

If they are etched in the clear you may not get them completely out. Can you catch your finger nail in them?

It's covering the entire truck. My nail doesn't catch on it, but how do I get it off the windows?

The same exact way!   He must have parked it next to an irrigation system or something.  

So I took y'all's advice and on a test spot on the worst spot of the hood I clayed and hand polished and got these results. It has some pretty hard core etching going on, but maybe the rest of the truck won't since this is the worst spot by far.

post-11897-0-37613000-1400800926_thumb.jpg

Had a similar situation, but not on the whole car. My better half bought a black Pontiac G6 at night in the rain.She called and told me she saw this cute car and she already paid for it! The hood and part of the left front fender looked just like your pictures. The car has been great, but not without a lot of under the breath thoughts and a lot of elbow greese even with a machine. She is still convinced I can fix anything!

As everyone else has stated, you will never remove all that by hand. The black car convinced me to try a machine. This is when I was also sold on Adams stuff. It is pretty error proof. If you use a dual action machine like a Porter Cable and proper pad and polish combo, it is near impossible to screw up. Did not look to see where you are but I bet someone might even let you borrow one. Your friend is most likely concerned with using a rotory polished. Those can indeed do some serious damage in novice hands.

What ever you do, don't skip the clay!

Sorry for any spelling issues. My very old phone still thinks it knows better.

Edited by FlyingDakota

Yeah, I've used the machine polishers before, but I just don't own any right now. I think it's a very common thing for people to be worried about other people using them because they assume everyone uses a rotary and will burn the paint. I'm the same way. I won't let anyone touch my truck with anything. Ever. I'm the only one who gets to wash it or even vacuum it. So I understand the over protectiveness