Customer Service 866.965.0400

My first Adam's wax on Challenger

dconsmack

Question

25 answers to this question

Looks amazing, and welcome!

Somone correct me if I'm wrong; buttery then americana? Seems a bit much

I bought the Essentials Kit, which included the Buttery. I ordered the Americana a couple of days later and applied it the day after I did my first detail. I'll likely skip the Buttery next time I wax.

I bought the Essentials Kit, which included the Buttery. I ordered the Americana a couple of days later and applied it the day after I did my first detail. I'll likely skip the Buttery next time I wax.

Makes sense. Either way, that black is uber wet looking. Great looking ride

1. LPS

2.QS

3.Americana

4.Buttery

If you are using Americana you won't need Buttery.

Thanks! It was already starting to get hot here in Vegas and I wanted to get wax on the car ASAP. After I did the Buttery layer, the Americana and Liquid Paint Sealant came in the mail. In a month or so, I plan to strip the current wax with Dawn, then, clay, spot Correcting and Finishing Polish with the Cyclo (there were a couple of minor scratches from the factory), Liquid Paint Sealant, Revive, Glaze, then Americana. Sealant on the clear coated wheels too. Any other advice is welcomed. Thanks!

Nope. What's the bag test?

Put your hand in a plastic sandwich bag and run your hand over the paint. The bag acts as an amplifier so you can feel the contaminants on the paint that you can't feel with your bare hands alone. When doing the baggie test, if you feel contaminants on the paint then you should clay it. If you don't feel anything on the paint then you don't need to clay the car

A good way to test if you need to clay is with a plastic bag like a sandwich bag. Put your hand inside and on a clean paint surface of your car lightly rub your fingers on it. You will feel all the contamination on the paint which the clay bar removes.

Take your time, use plenty of clay lube and work in a # pattern to make sure you cover the whole surface. You don't want to miss a spot and have to do it again!

Edited by Numbr3t