Customer Service 866.965.0400

Showdown: Hammered Mercedes SLK vs. Cyclo and Adams Paint Correcting Polish

I'll start with this:

685.jpg

Not long ago, a good friend of mine mentioned his mother had been washing her car with "old t-shirts and dirty sponges."  I immediately shed a few tears, and told him I wanted to get it into my garage for a little TLC.

Enter the previously mentioned blue SLK.

From 20' away, it's a cute little car.  Upon closer inspection, this had some of the worst clear coat damage I've come across in quite some time.  Swirls, marring, washing scratches, and RIDS galore, and they were EVERYWHERE:

5EBAE7D5-0E5A-4720-99D2-5F184D0CDEB0_zps

35219FED-E2F7-4D64-B10F-436F4AAE50C1_zps

651.jpg

654.jpg

655.jpg

656.jpg

Since it had been recently washed and they don't live far away, I did a quick Waterless Wash wipedown to get the driving dust off, and broke out the Clay Bar.  Only going to post one picture here, but I think you'll get the point:

58E4B83E-5834-4F77-9518-2EF334B19A91_zps

Post clay inspection, pretty much the same everywhere:

62428F3D-258A-44F0-907A-D3B041AA33D6_zps

Time for some taping to see what it was going to take to take make an improvement.  She didn't want perfection as I only had a few hours to work with, but I wanted to to get close.  :)

42C24B51-AFBC-4450-B3F2-3F22120BDB5E_zps

This was the roof after one pass of Paint Correcting Polish and Orange Microfiber Cutting Pads on the Cyclo.  I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least:

E5F54E18-F315-4BB9-A589-DF2487992424_zps

29A302BB-A026-4406-9CAB-D9034F11482E_zps

All of the horizontal surfaces had quite a bit of solvent pop in them, which are the tiny dots you can see:

664.jpg

670.jpg

B741785F-F375-4F1C-8314-9B5C484C888A_zps

Deck lid 50/50:

658.jpg

This was the passenger side corner of the hood, near the windshield cowl after one pass as well.  You can still see some deep stuff here as well that still remained after one pass of the Correcting Polish:

684.jpg

We are getting ready for a cookout (hence my limited time frame to do this one) so the garage was a busy place!  My Mom and my little man James supervising:

673.jpg

My sister and daughter Azlyn "cooking" in her garage kitchen:

676.jpg

I went around everything with a quick pass of Revive Polish on Grey Sealant and Wax Pads to clear up any polishing oils, then laid down a coat of Liquid Paint Sealant, Super VRT on the tires, and away she went!

5F89EAAD-537A-40E9-99E8-D985A33A7755_zps

E70329CB-8313-4F03-A188-8658CE7BFF51_zps

691.jpg

696.jpg

699.jpg

700.jpg

The Cyclo, combined with our Paint Correcting Polish and Microfiber Cutting Pads, correct very quickly and finish down great!

Thanks for looking, and if you have any questions, fire away!!

Awesome job Nick on that hammered finish!

Your correcting polish finishes down LSP ready with the MF cutting pads which is phenomenal.  I'm sure if it was a paying customer you could have gotten more finish out of the surface with the white finishing polish but for someone who just wants to see improvement you have given them what they wanted!

When my current polishes are spent I will give the Orange/White combo a purchase :)

Awesome job Nick on that hammered finish!

Your correcting polish finishes down LSP ready with the MF cutting pads which is phenomenal.  I'm sure if it was a paying customer you could have gotten more finish out of the surface with the white finishing polish but for someone who just wants to see improvement you have given them what they wanted!

When my current polishes are spent I will give the Orange/White combo a purchase :)

You won't be disappointed, I can assure you of that!

Nice job! I hope she doesn't continue washing with with old rags and sponges.

I gave her two wash pads and a Great White to use and told her to burn any/all washing supplies she was been using in the past.  :lol:

So they wet sanded it before bringing it over to you?   :)

Great results Nick!  We need to see more of these on the site!  

I believe it was dry sanded.  :lol:

Nice garage, Nick. I wish I had half that amount of space.

Car didn't come out too bad either ;)

Thanks Gerry.  The shop has underwent some serious transformation since we purchased the place last spring.  It's about done, and I'll post a thread here soon once it's closer to completion.

That's a great looking color. Good job!

It was very pretty, reminded me a lot of Impulse Blue Metallic they used on 04-06 GTOs.