Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help with tire blooming

stryker065

Question

14 answers to this question

What works for me is to spray the APC on the tire while it is still dry. I let that dwell for maybe two minutes or so. Then I take a soapy brush and scrub the tire. I then rinse. I will do this again. Afterwards I will apply the SVRT. Where you using a silicone based dressing before SVRT? If it was silicone based it may take a while to remove and recondition the tires.

Quick update...

I used full strength APC. Let sit for a couple minutes then scrubbed and scrubbed. Then rinsed off. When they dried I still saw the brown! I then took a wet rag and most of the brown wiped off! All this time didnt think of wiping them. Yes, I ruined a towel but I may have this solved now. Going to try the same thing next wash.

Quick update...

I used full strength APC. Let sit for a couple minutes then scrubbed and scrubbed. Then rinsed off. When they dried I still saw the brown! I then took a wet rag and most of the brown wiped off! All this time didnt think of wiping them. Yes, I ruined a towel but I may have this solved now. Going to try the same thing next wash.

I would suggest a terry cloth towel for this, as they have more 'bite' than a MF towel.  I bought a large package of them several years ago from a warehouse club and use them for them for carpets, tires, wheel wells, and other places that are dirty but don't need the 'soft touch' of MF.