Customer Service 866.965.0400

finally, wait is over for the new tire shine!!!!!!

hemi1300

Question

been anxiously waiting on this product since mention of it for months now, decided to check the site tonight and was so thrilled it's finally available.  Love svrt by all means, but applying to my all terrain truck tires can be a pain sometimes, this should fit the bill nicely being able to just spray the tire down.  Ordered 4 of the spray bottles since gallon sizes not available yet, along with the new wheel woolie.  

21 answers to this question

I look forward to trying it. However, I already have a preconceived notion I will not like it. I am in the camp that likes a more muted natural black tone to my tires. Should not form an opinion unless I have tried it though.

If I don't like it I have a neighbor who just loves his tires shiny. Might create another Adams fanatic. If it lasts longer than SVRT it will save him a lot of money because I think he goes through a bottle a week of the crappy stuff he puts on his tires now. He swears by the products he uses. His Mustang is flawless (except those tires) so I have never had anything to convince him to try anything else.

Edited by FlyingDakota

I look forward to trying it. However, I already have a preconceived notion I will not like it. I am in the camp that likes a more muted natural black tone to my tires. Should not form an opinion unless I have tried it though.

If I don't like it I have a neighbor who just loves his tires shiny. Might create another Adams fanatic. If it lasts longer than SVRT it will save him a lot of money because I think he goes through a bottle a week of the crappy stuff he puts on his tires now. He swears by the products he uses. His Mustang is flawless (except those tires) so I have never had anything to convince him to try anything else.

Keep your preconceived notions at bay, if possible.

I trust you'll find it's not as shiny as you may think it will be. ;)

New tire shine is awesome. Applied it to the Michelins on my grandfather's 2001 Toyota Tundra yesterday and I was really happy with how they came out. The tires have a rich, glossy look without being "greasy". Also, love the smell!! Definitely going to be ordering more.

New tire shine is awesome. Applied it to the Michelins on my grandfather's 2001 Toyota Tundra yesterday and I was really happy with how they came out. The tires have a rich, glossy look without being "greasy". Also, love the smell!! Definitely going to be ordering more.

+1, put it on yesterday and really like the way it handles/shines.  Definitely not too greasy and overly bright, just a deep dark semi-gloss look.

Well, washed up the Camaro yesterday around 10am. Cleaned the tires with APC and scrub brush during wash like I always do and even with the dry towel wiped down any access junk that may have been on the tire. They have only received SVRT since I got the car. I applied the new tire shine and wanted the ultimate wet look like the video had so I applied and did not use the sponge. I let it sit from 11am-5:30pm for it to dry and set up. I took the car out for a nice drive with the family and when I got out for ice cream I looked it over and there was tire sling all over the side of the car. Don't know what happened but used some waterless wash to get it back to normal. I won't be doing the spray and let it set anymore. SVRT never slung so I will be back to the sponge method on the next wash

Edited by BTBSS

Anything and everything is going to sling if you put it on too heavy and then spin something in a circular motion.  Letting the stuff sit on your tires for 6.5 hours is way excessive IMO.  In the video Adam left it for varying times, the max being 30 minutes if I remember correctly and got some nice results.  

This is a great product. I'm not a huge fan of flat black on my tires, but I don't want them looking like they were dipped in Vaseline either. I like the  nice shine that the tires get. Subtle, but it makes them look CLEAN.  And since neither of my cars have chrome wheels, this is a great compliment to the look.  I like the banana smell too. ;)

Really nice product.

Anything and everything is going to sling if you put it on too heavy and then spin something in a circular motion. Letting the stuff sit on your tires for 6.5 hours is way excessive IMO. In the video Adam left it for varying times, the max being 30 minutes if I remember correctly and got some nice results.

I thought that 6.5 hours or even 1 hour of sitting would have been enough. I guess it's possible to put too much on but I started on the tread all the way around then another for the parts that were closest to the rim that did not get any. It did come out thick but besides using a tire applicator I did not see any other way of getting to the spots that were not hit with the tire shine. Back to the applicator for me. I hate spending 2 hours on a wash and have it ruined by sling.

Side note the banana smell is a nice touch.

My two bottles arrived yesterday and I applied it with a hex applicator (spray on applicatior, not directly on tire) and the look is fantastic. Not to shinny but not dull either. For me, and my Artic White C7, it's just about perfect. It's going to be one of my favorite products.

Now I have to see how long it lasts. My guess, a good while.

Looks great, gonna have to experiment with my application bc first time applying it flung all over the side of my truck. Think I did go a bit heavy though and sprayed liberally onto tire, gonna try applying to applicator next time

I used this on my wife's car saturday. I applied it and it dried for about 4hrs or so. I sprayed and didn't knock it down. From what I could tell there wasn't any sling but I didn't look too close either. We hit a few patches of rain that night and the next day a good majority of the shine was still there. I'm happy with it.

My only question is....is my sprayer screwed up or is it supposed to spray in a weird half fan type of pattern?