Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help! Bird dropping stained my paint!

91maroz

Question

Hey, so I came outside after work to see bird poop on my hood, no biggie right? I washed it off and there was a stain remaining. I have used detail spray, M ultimate compound, and a LOT of force to no luck. Has anyone else had this issue or have any ways to resolve this?

15 answers to this question

Thanks, the revive pulled a lot of it out. Im almost positive its etched. I have gotten it to the point where to the naked eye a person probably won't see it, but if you look just at the right angle its still there. I don't have the paint correcting or those pads yet. I have a really tight budget for now.

Here is an update, I scrubbed it fairly hard with revive. The etching is pretty much gone. My next purchases will be the paint correcting and the drill pads. Thanks for the help everyone!

post-11229-0-14495000-1406154939_thumb.jpg

I found some bird dropping etching tonight on my NEW car. It occurs to me the best thing is to always be prepared to remove that stuff as quickly as possible. So this begs the question, what are the best things to carry in the car? Obviously you need to be prepared to remove the stuff without grinding in whatever dirt is already on the paint. And lets assume you can't count on a hose being available, but you can carry bottled water of course.

Ideas?

I found some bird dropping etching tonight on my NEW car. It occurs to me the best thing is to always be prepared to remove that stuff as quickly as possible. So this begs the question, what are the best things to carry in the car? Obviously you need to be prepared to remove the stuff without grinding in whatever dirt is already on the paint. And lets assume you can't count on a hose being available, but you can carry bottled water of course.

Ideas?

I keep a 36oz bottle of diluted Rinseless Wash (could also use Waterless Wash), and a bottle of distilled water in the truck. Then, if I get bombed, I spray the heck out of it with the Rinseless Wash, and then rinse with the distilled water.

Usually, the strong stream from the spray bottle is enough to get it off, without any wiping. You can also keep a plush MF towel in the car, and gently dab at it if the sprayer doesn't get it off.

I keep a 36oz bottle of diluted Rinseless Wash (could also use Waterless Wash), and a bottle of distilled water in the truck. Then, if I get bombed, I spray the heck out of it with the Rinseless Wash, and then rinse with the distilled water.

Usually, the strong stream from the spray bottle is enough to get it off, without any wiping. You can also keep a plush MF towel in the car, and gently dab at it if the sprayer doesn't get it off.

Distilled or RODI water can be surprisingly good solvents. Thanks for the tips. I wondered if a slight base would help offset the acid in the bird crap?