Customer Service 866.965.0400

***HELP**** Need to remove spray paint

3gInOc

Question

HELP!!!

Quick background.  I was building some car parts for my buddies white evo.  I used Red Rustolium X2 Ultra Cover to paint the parts.  I was in the garage about 30ft away from his car.  I thought I more then far enough away.  I guess not….  Well I got the worst text you can get at 1 in the morning.  He said the front of his car is covered in red mist.  I don’t know, the wind must have carried the mist.  This was on Sunday, it’s now Friday. That paint is not more than dried!

So I need your help. PLEASE!  How do we remove the red mist without ruining the finish of the car.  My fear is that attempting to remove the red mist will cause the clear coat to tint red give the car a pink hue…..

Thanks in advanced for any advice.

6 answers to this question

Don't know how bad it is, post some pics if you have them.

In my experience usually claying the car with amounts of detail spray for lubrication will remove most overspray. I also need to reapply sealant/wax afterwards.

Be sure to capture before and after pics.

Edited by DaveVY

I've had road paint on my car that dried and I used clay bar and detail spray to take it off. Worked fine, but took some muscle and several tries.  Don't be afraid to rub and be sure to wax afterward.