Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cloudy clearcoat

SSJ455

Question

I recently bought a 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS, red jewel tintcoat.  It had serious swirls and scratches.  I used Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Medium Cut with a Porter Cable DA.  I got the swirls and scratches out but it seems to have left the clearcoat cloudy.  It has to be the right light to see it, but it is there. 

What happened?

9 answers to this question

You used a compound to get the swirls out of your paint and like most compounds, it left small minor marks in the clear coat because of the cut.  To get these out you need a finishing polish.  Since you came to adams website I would recommend Adams paint finishing polish http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-943-adams-paint-finishing-polish.aspx

Hope this helps!

I'm not exactly sure which Meguiar's product you used as there are many in their Mirror Glaze line.  But as stated if it is indeed a compound it left a haze and it can be fixed with a finishing polish.  Revive polish should work.  Try a test spot and see how it looks.

You used a compound to get the swirls out of your paint and like most compounds, it left small minor marks in the clear coat because of the cut.  To get these out you need a finishing polish.  Since you came to adams website I would recommend Adams paint finishing polish http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-943-adams-paint-finishing-polish.aspx

Hope this helps!

Revive is a cleaner polish, I would use the Paint Finishing polish to remove the haze, with a white foam pad.

Try revive on a black pad to see if it'll remove the haze since you have it already. If not, then you'll want to get a finishing polish.

I am not familiar with the M products, like mentioned before you need to step down to get rid of the cloudiness.

PFP  will do the trick. 

These guys all pointed you in the right direction! +1