Customer Service 866.965.0400

Funny Story

Night Stash

Question

So I was helping and teaching a buddy today about correcting his paint. I had one through the process of washing and claying and worked with him using my flex. We had finished the quarter panel with correcting polish and I had moved on to bigger scratches with my drill. I told him to use the white microfiber pad, white product and continue.

Finished with what I was doing and checked on him. Webt to wipe off the panel and realized it looked strange. It wasn't wiping off normally and wasn't hazed right. Turns out he had been polishing with VRT for 10 minutes. I lost it laughing. Funny thing is it didn't look that bad after wiping off. Couldn't really blame him cause I told him the "white bottle". We finshed the car and it looked great. It made my day and he is now a future Adams user.

7 answers to this question

So I was helping and teaching a buddy today about correcting his paint. I had one through the process of washing and claying and worked with him using my flex. We had finished the quarter panel with correcting polish and I had moved on to bigger scratches with my drill. I told him to use the white microfiber pad, white product and continue.

Finished with what I was doing and checked on him. Webt to wipe off the panel and realized it looked strange. It wasn't wiping off normally and wasn't hazed right. Turns out he had been polishing with VRT for 10 minutes. I lost it laughing. Funny thing is it didn't look that bad after wiping off. Couldn't really blame him cause I told him the "white bottle". We finshed the car and it looked great. It made my day and he is now a future Adams user.

Lol. Happened to me with another product, I used the leather and interior conditioner instead of the swirl and haze remover, they're both orange. When this happened to me I came here on the forum and suggested that Adam have two different label designs, one for the interior products and the other for exterior products just so it's easier.

I don't feel so bad now. When detailing my wife's vehicle I started on a small section of the hood using the white pad thinking I was using the Finishing Polish. When I got ready to add more I said to myself this pad sure looks dark..........I was applying Liquid Paint Sealant instead. :( Needless to say I had to re-prep the section before getting another clean white pad for the Finishing Polish.....I can blame this on old age not the color of the bottles. Live and learn.