Customer Service 866.965.0400

WOW.. Check out this Metal Polish

-=Jeff=-

Question

I had been polishing 2 wheels I bought in Dec. I had one more to do. my original thread was here on Digital Corvettes

I finished 2 rear wheels and had one wheel to do.. Well Adam offered to send me a new product he is working on for Metal polishing..

Anyway, Let the pictures speak for his product..

Before:

DX6490_12.jpg

After Acid Wash (Wire Wheel Wash)

DX6490_14.jpg

My wheels were too rough for just the polish after the wash, so i sanded with 2000 grit

DX6490_17.jpg

Next I used the New Polish.. here it is on the left.. applied directly after sanding.. (There still is a slight bit of pitting, but look much better)

DX6490_19.jpg

Done:

DX6490_23.jpg

DX6490_26.jpg

Adam.. Thanks!!!! you saved me a lot of work..

I will Let Adam introduce what he has..

24 answers to this question

Will the new polish have a different name or will it replace Metal Polish #1?

Great question Coach! We're considering that now. The new Metal Polishes are different, and deserving of their own names. Still, we have just printed a few thousand of the Metal #1 and Metal #2 four-ounce labels, and could introduce the new products in a smaller size immediately.

Since we have a dozen or more new products coming out, it's imperative that we launch each new product or formula well to maximize the reception.

Hard to say if we should create new labels or stick with the current. Stay Tuned, and we'll have an answer shortly!

Thanks again for asking:thumbsup:

great great job on the rims! they look incredible. those have got to be the best looking rims for a C4 - well, any late model Vette.

what's the offset? gotta love stepped lips.

I think 46mm front and 32mm rear. I will have to check again

Very nice job indeed!

Can you elaborate some more on the process such as using a buffer or was it all done by hand?

Sure, when I used the new HD polish, I sanded by hand first then applied and removed the polish by hand..

I am thinking a buffer would work too but i did not try it..

Unfortunately wheels are on hold, as I need tires for the wheels and they are not on the list of needs for my vette this year

I take it this is not out yet? The polish "metal polish" that is out right now is still a light duty polish correct?

Correct I have not seen it released yet.. the 1+2 are lighter duty.. but this stuff rocks