Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which metro vac?

GaresTaylan

Question

As it stands I've been lugging our home vacuum out to the garage and using attachments when working on the car. Obviously this is a pain and its big and bulky.

I've seen posts where people mention the metro vac and how it's the way to go even over a shop vac. I don't see it on the store anymore. Which model is everyone using?

20 answers to this question

I strongly advise going to home depot and getting the 4 Gallon Rigid Wet/Dry Vacuum. Model # WD4070

I use this vacuum professionally as well as many others and it has been running strong for years. For $80 you simply can't get anything better. Buy some of the car attachments and you'll be all set. 

At the end of the day, a vacuum is sucking up dirt - not something I feel the need to spend $100's of dollars on. The suction you get with the Rigid vacuum is beyond plentiful. 

Don't waste the money on a Metro Vac - I know they're good vacuums but they are not worth the money when you could just get a wet/dry vac (which can also be used for other things besides vacuuming a car). I purchased their small Vac N' Blo Jr. vacuum a few years ago and was very disappointed in its lack of suction (Yes I know it is a hand held - what should I have expected?). But it was around the same price as the Rigid wet/dry vac - wish I would have just bought that in the first place. 

Good luck

Edited by lax

^^^^ SPOT ON.

5 freakin hp man.  Get the professional hose for the Ridgid Vac as well and the crevice attachment, as well as a couple others, the Ridgid has a lifetime warranty, just keep the filter clean and put it to good use!  I have a larger capacity Ridgid in my basement and for cleaning up our spare bedroom which we have 2 pet bunnies in, trust me it's a solid buy.

My FiL has the handheld Metro Vac and I wasn't impressed with it, my Dyson has better cleaning power but I got sick of beating it up vaccuuming the cars out and with the dog hair.

Pro Hose:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-10-ft-Pro-Grade-Universal-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-Hose-Kit-VT2570/100375877

4 gal Ridgid Vac:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-gal-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-WD4070/202077241

I've not tried the Metro vacuums, do love their Master Blaster though.

Here's the machine I'm using right now:

Shop-Vac The Right Stuff

586-61-10
ShopVac_zpsb18a57a7.jpgShopVacattachments_zpsc51035cc.jpg
I don't see one on Amazon right now, but a quick search and I see it for around $200+ from an online hardware store. Pricey? yes-you get what you pay for I feel. Does it work? yes-and it works very well.
Two vacuum settings, powerful on high suction, and relatively quite compared to others I've had. 
Made in the USA, if we don't support ourselves, well...

Sorry to dig up an old post (not really that old) but I'm currently looking for a vacuum for cleaning the car out and was wondering which 4 gallon to get. I do like the toolbox one but was wondering if anyone had any experience with it or know of better! I'm looking for drying my car too and seems everyone loves the master blaster but I don't have the funds for that right now!