Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hex pads and flex

2quikta

Question

I still have some Adams hex pads that I've been using with a PC. Picked up a flex 3401 on Black Friday and was curious if the hex pads will work?

Is there a better sized pad that works better with the 3401? I'll probably be picking up the new flex PE8 for Christmas to use as a dedicated 1-4" pad tool

Edited by 2quikta

6 answers to this question

I still use 5.5" Hex foam pads just fine on my Flex. Youll be fine to use them. I have and use an abundance of them with my flex without issue. Also apply my LSP with them, dont believe everything you read ;)

The wavy pads are just as good, i do notice they dust a bit less. My guess is less residual to dry up and fling because the hex has lines. I personally dont like MF pads so i wont express my opinion on those.

Edited by LTDSC

I use the orange wavy pads and white pads as well with my Flex since I can't seem to find any flat pads for the flex anywhere. When using SSR I do have plenty of green pads (flat),  but both the wavy and flat pads seem to work equally as well. Be careful using microfiber pads with the Flex as they tend to want to "pull" the machine unlike foam pads but are very effective when you get used to using them.

The foam composition is the same as the current pads, but you may notice you fight the flex a little bit laterally. Due to the forced rotation that tool wants to walk around regardless of pad type, that tendency is a little more exxagerated with the hex faced pads for some reason.

Long story short, you can use them no problems at all - worst case is your shoulders are a little bit more tired at the end of the job than they would be with another pad type, but not at all a reason not to use what you have.