Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bandit sells at auction

crowvet

Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks like a used up 77 Firebird...? Things I see right of the bat. #1 water pump replaced and never painted (rusty) same with thermostat housing. Engine compartment looks un kept, Tires not detailed, paint swirled.. To me it looks a little ragged.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-bandits-empire-of-dirt-1977-pontiac-trans-am-go-kart-and-more-up-for-grabs-in-burt-reynolds-auction/

Edited by crowvet

As a kid that watched Burt jump the Bandit though a host of wild and somehow believable scenes, I'd have bid on that car!  While my bid may have topped out at $12,500, it's still a car that puts a great big SMILE on my face, every time I see one.  Not silver, not white, but black and gold with the "6.6" reminds me of my childhood, and of a super cool guy who got sideways as often as he drove in a straight line.

God Bless America, and Smokey & The Bandit!!

As a kid that watched Burt jump the Bandit though a host of wild and somehow believable scenes, I'd have bid on that car!  While my bid may have topped out at $12,500, it's still a car that puts a great big SMILE on my face, every time I see one.  Not silver, not white, but black and gold with the "6.6" reminds me of my childhood, and of a super cool guy who got sideways as often as he drove in a straight line.

God Bless America, and Smokey & The Bandit!!

Agreed.  $25,000 tops!  I guess it's just like they say.........it's only worth what somebody will pay for it. Apparently, from what I've been reading, some of the stuff that's being sold was stuff he gave to Loni Anderson as part of his divorce settlement and she's selling it to pay off his debt to her. The rest is his personal stuff.  She's 69 now.  

My father-in-law was watching a car show last night and a Ferrari once owned by Steve McQueen sold for $9 million!

Crazy.

I like to think that if I could afford to spend $9mil on a car I still wouldn't.   Fortunately, we'll never know....