Customer Service 866.965.0400

Patriot Wax... What's Up With The New Tin Container?

McBoned

Question

Just got my hands on the latest version of the new Patriot Wax.  I can't wait to use it.

However, I've got to say that I'm extremely disappointed with the packaging.  Why on earth would you choose a tin too small to fit a hex pad applicator?  It makes absolutely no sense and you completely missed the mark after the first offering of the machined aluminum block.  I hope you can correct this unfortunate oversight in the future because you are doing Patriot Wax a huge disservice by making the container too small to fit anything to apply it with.  I understand trying to get the cost down to make it more affordable, but not to the point where you make it's container more difficult to use.

My point is...  Why should I be forced to use a smaller applicator than the original Patriot Wax applicator?  I didn't buy Americana, I bought Patriot Wax and I don't think a lower profile tin with an opening the size of the machined block is asking too much for a $100 container of wax.

You're not being forced to use a smaller applicator, you just can't store it inside the tin. Why do you need it to fit inside the container I can't think of anything I care less about than that. I have a big container with all my applicators. 

I don't think their first priority was fitting a hex-grip inside the tin when trying to make a lower cost option. Personally I like using a UFO applicator for paste waxes anyway. 

Sounds like you should take advantage of Dylan's offer and return it. 

why not? Worth throwing out an offer  

Thanks for reposting again

Your $50, or the $99.95 that he spent and probably 10% more.  Isn't rocket science.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/holiday-gifts/patriot-wax.html

If your going to offer to buy it from him, at least be fair about it.  Low balling someone isn't fair.  And I will leave it at that.

Edited by LFairbanks

Trust me...  I love Patriot Wax probably more than anyone and giving it up or returning it is not a consideration.  Yes, I used the original Patriot Wax in the machined aluminum block, but I do not have the container because it was my brothers and he's still using it.  If I had that container, this wouldn't even be an issue so if someone wants to donate one to me...  I would be happy to accept!

As far as the comments about the container being "in line" with other paste containers on the market...  I don't buy Adams products to be in line with the rest of the industry, I buy them because they are a step above the competitors.  I do not like the UFO applicator because it's too large and wastes product.  The applicator that came with the Patriot Wax is huge compared to the container itself.  Yes, I can cram a normal sized hex applicator into the container; but again...  That's not the point.  It took me all of 5 minutes to find customized tins online built by American companies which would perfectly fit the hex pad applicator so don't start preaching to me about silly thin pours or divots in the wax. 

I buy Adams products because they are the best and I won't apologize for expecting the best when I purchase their highest end wax (which contrary to everyone else's belief, also includes the container it's delivered in).  I don't care what the rest of the industry is doing.  Hell, even Turtle Wax comes in a wide mouthed low profile container.

I'm just sayin'!

Don't forget Dylan said this new run of Patriot is giving you MORE WAX at a lower price than the original CNC machined pots.  Jeez some people just want to complain.  Even if the diameter is a little smaller you can still use the included applicator or another of your choice, hasn't stopped me from applying a paste wax based on tin/applicator diameter.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

We understand the issue here friends, and certainly, we would love to have a perfect solution in every product.  I am to blame.  It's my fault that we reject imports when possible.  That's why we had our awesome neighbor make us the billet aluminum jars for the first run of Patriot Wax.

I agree, the size of the mouth is not perfect for the Hex Grip applicators.  It's not, and neither the app, nor the tin were made for each other.  We have offered the hex grips for a good while, and then, offered this tin of Patriot Wax. 

One thing is for certain, we used more than a tub in the tin before we started selling it, and found that it works. 

Sorry Pat, and we can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but with input like yours, we will continue to seek a better solution.

Thanks for your input, and let's move on.

Cheers, 

Adam,

I appreciate your response and I will move on, but you should also understand that there are other American made options out there that your marketing and research team missed.  Knowing that fact and the fact that you originally designed the billet aluminum jars to accept the hex applicator for a reason...  All I ask is that you consider it in the future and have your people do a little more research next time.

Let's face it, Patriot Wax is not something the average Adams customer is going to cough up the money to purchase.  Granted, I don't spend a lot of time on your forums; but I have been buying your products since you started your business.  I understand you won't be able to make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time, but I certainly hope you won't dismiss a loyal Customer's suggestion who has been buying your products from the start.  I'll still purchase the Patriot Wax in the future no matter what container it comes in because it is without a doubt the best wax I have ever used.  I just think it's a great product now that could be perfect for people like me who only use a hex grip applicator to apply wax whether it's paste or liquid.  I've tried every type of foam applicator you have and nothing holds a candle to the hex grip applicator.

Consider me moved on...  And I hope you have a great Holiday season!

Pat

Just recieved my Patriot wax in the mail and cant wait to use it !!! Reading from the above comments I thought I would chime in and see if this helps.A while ago I bought a can small can of Americana and it came with a very small applicator, also pictured is the bigger applicator that came with the bigger tub of Americana and the same size applicator that came with the Patriot wax, and a hex grip applicator. Maybe the smaller applicator could be sent out instead of the larger one? One way or the other, I cant wait to use it !!                                                                                                                                                           post-10998-0-86104600-1419279259_thumb.jpg