Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirls, a dent and more!

thatryan

Question

I have a few questions so I hope it is ok to post in the general section.

First, my car has some, piano black I guess it's called, trim on it and I noticed in the light the other day it looks swirly. I tried to snap a pic I think you can see in it. Is this something that can be corrected?

Second, my driver door was the victim of an aggressive white car owner door opener  :mad: Hard to tell dimensions of it in the attached pic, but it is obvious where the white marks are, and I do believe it is dented in a bit. Is this kind of thing hard to get fixed?

Finally, wondering if there is anyone local to my area or knows of a reputable place, preferably that uses Adam's products, for details? I really want to get a full clay and seal/polish done properly, I don't have the muscle capacity to do it. 

Bonus for a quality window tinting place near me as well  :thumbsup:

Thank you all!

post-10925-0-23129700-1424416212_thumb.jpg

post-10925-0-55779100-1424416250_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

Ryan with all things detailing always try the least aggressive method first. With the trim try a light polish with Revive Hand Polish. If that doesn't get you there you can try machine polishing with Revive or Paint Finishing Polish. These sections of the car don't really need that much more unless really hammered.

Regarding the dent/white mark- looks to me you have some paint transfer, again taking the same approach above, try either a light clay with detail spray followed by Revive Hand Polish. This should improve the area. Unfortunately we don't have any product in our range that fixes dents, however it will be less noticeable

That black gloss on the door pillars can be corrected, but they do swirl very easily. The white can be removed using a polish. To get rid of the dent, search for a PDR expert in your area.

Bingo.  Shadowline trim swirls hella easy.  If you're getting a detailer to do the job, he'll correct that with a pass or so.  Try correcting 11 year old Shadowline, it actually almost etches with water spots.

Google Dent Wizard in your zip code if there is a dent, and the white can prob be removed with brilliant glaze actually by hand because of the solvent content.

That black gloss on the door pillars can be corrected, but they do swirl very easily. The white can be removed using a polish. To get rid of the dent, search for a PDR expert in your area.

Jae and I did this on a friends 335i M Sport a few weeks ago.  It looked great again after.  

Your BMW dealer should have the name of a PDR person in your area.  

I have a few questions so I hope it is ok to post in the general section.

First, my car has some, piano black I guess it's called, trim on it and I noticed in the light the other day it looks swirly. I tried to snap a pic I think you can see in it. Is this something that can be corrected?

As the others mentioned - YES! Just treat it like paint... it usually corrects well with just Finishing Polish and a white pad, but test and see where that gets you. The stuff is softer than a stick of butter on a Las Vegas sidewalk in August, so it will take damage pretty easily too, so handle with care.

Second, my driver door was the victim of an aggressive white car owner door opener  :mad: Hard to tell dimensions of it in the attached pic, but it is obvious where the white marks are, and I do believe it is dented in a bit. Is this kind of thing hard to get fixed?

Looks like something any good PDR guy could fix - I'd estimate $75-$125 based on the times I've had similar things fixed. Once the dent is gone you'll have a better idea  of what you can do with the paint damage.

Finally, wondering if there is anyone local to my area or knows of a reputable place, preferably that uses Adam's products, for details? I really want to get a full clay and seal/polish done properly, I don't have the muscle capacity to do it. 

I'm sure theres at the very least a forum member that might be willing to help you out.

This is EXACTLY why I park far away where no one parks.

And doesn't it annoy the @$%#** out of you when you park far away and someone STILL parks next to you?????

That black gloss on the door pillars can be corrected, but they do swirl very easily.

The MINIs have the same problem with those black pillars. The good news is that they correct pretty easily with Revive or light polish. The bad news is that it doesn't last long.  Thank you, BMW.