Customer Service 866.965.0400

Suggestion For Wash Kits

Might even have an option for a screw top cover to swap with the push on/pop off cover.  Everytime I have a rugged 5 gallon bucket (even those orange ones) I wish screw top like the Adams Detail Bucket Kit was available.  Would probably make shipping easier also!!

Might even have an option for a screw top cover to swap with the push on/pop off cover.  Everytime I have a rugged 5 gallon bucket (even those orange ones) I wish screw top like the Adams Detail Bucket Kit was available.  Would probably make shipping easier also!!

The screw on tops can be purchased elsewhere if you need them for existing buckets. Multiple colors too. Forgot the name. I would love to find the seat pads.

Excellent points guys.

There are 2 reasons we've limited the buckets in kits so far:

• The second we add another bucket to your kit it becomes a 2 box shipment, effectively doubling your shipping cost. With the lids on the buckets they no longer stack inside eachother for shipping purposes.
  • Customers often ask for kits without buckets b/c they already have them or have a solution in place already. Including 1 solves part of the problem and gives you the option of adding a second if you want one.

Would a more effective solution be to eliminate buckets from most kits and just allow you to add them if you want them? Maybe only include the grit guards in your purchase for use with what you have now and then if you need buckets add them to your order. Obviously most of us here already have at least 2 buckets (or more).

Love the feedback. Please continue to share your thoughts - we can make the changes, but also keep in mind you guys are the hardcore customers, and you comprise a relatively small percentage of the customers who visit the site. We need to cater to everyone from the first timer to the die hard long time fan, and even those switching from other brands.

The screw on tops can be purchased elsewhere if you need them for existing buckets. Multiple colors too. Forgot the name. I would love to find the seat pads.

Gamma Seal lids you mean? 

D very good point about us being the minority, if the kits sell well as is, then leave them that way.

Not saying they're perfect, we're definitely looking for suggestions on how to improve things... one things we may do is offer buckets without lids for a lower price as the standard in some kits, then sell the lids loose so you can opt to add them yourself.

They're not exactly hard to put on, bu they do require some muscle and a rubber mallet to get on there.

That option would allow us to ship buckets inside eachother, lids separate, and save a box on the shipment thus reducing the cost.

I would say no buckets but maybe grit guards and then something on the page to add 1 or 2 buckets. I always thought of the kits for first time buyers, and starting someone off with 1 bucket never made sense to me.

If it would enable for easier shipment I surely would ship the Gamma Seals separately and have the customer put it together themselves (or perhaps not buy one at all).

No lid would be a good option too. I wonder how many people actually use it.

No lid would be a good option too. I wonder how many people actually use it.

During the season I only use it as a stool while doing wheels pretty much.  If I go away somewhere I like to load the bucket up and put the lid on to keep all my products organized (yes I am usually that guy who brings his buckets and products away on vacation 'just in case')

For the wheel bucket I don't use a lid because when I am drying out the bucket I stick the woolies in the holes of the Grit Guard facing up so they dry easier and the two big ones are too tall to put the lid on for storage.

I use a bucket with a lid for my on the go rinseless option in the winter - but outside of that its rare I have the lid on it.

Same with me.  The only time I would ever need a lid is if I need to save my rinseless solution or take it somewhere.  My guess is that most people who are new to this don't exactly need the lids.  Perhaps do some sort of survey to see how important the lids are to the users.  Maybe they only need to be offered with the rinseless kit.

Not saying they're perfect, we're definitely looking for suggestions on how to improve things... one things we may do is offer buckets without lids for a lower price as the standard in some kits, then sell the lids loose so you can opt to add them yourself.

They're not exactly hard to put on, bu they do require some muscle and a rubber mallet to get on there.

That option would allow us to ship buckets inside eachother, lids separate, and save a box on the shipment thus reducing the cost.

I think go with a package without lid and if the customer wanted lid they could add it.  

I use a bucket with a lid for my on the go rinseless option in the winter - but outside of that its rare I have the lid on it.

I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice if I they didn't have a lid so I could stack my buckets... And then keep one around with a lid for rinseless. 

Just to chime in about using the bucket with the Gamma Seal lid.  I use it sit on while polishing, etc. and, when I am mobile, I put my used pads in them to soak on the way home.

^^Me too.  Get those seat cushions from grit guard in as well, would make it even more comfy

• 2 weeks later...

I have two buckets and the only time the lids are OFF of them is when I'm washing one of our cars. Otherwise I leave the lids screwed on just short of sealing tight so moisture can escape. I store them in the garage where dust and insects live so lids-on are a must to keep the buckets clean. I also store my wash pads in them so, again, the lids are must.

For the sake of shipping, it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave the gamma seals and lids separate so the buckets can stack. The end user would just have to install them.