Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pre-soaking towels?

PT3

Question

13 answers to this question

I usually don't let my microfiber towels get overly saturated with products, so my pre-soak is just spraying down trouble spots on towels with Microfiber Revitalizer in the 16oz bottle and agitate the spots with the towel itself or my fingers, then I give each side of the towel a few more sprays before I put them into the washing machine and add the recommended 1-2oz of Microfiber Revitalizer for the wash.

If you want the ultimate cleaning method, here is Dave's post on cleaning microfiber towels :)

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27663-question-about-using-microfiber-revitalizer/?p=435910

Edited by psu goat

Phil,

I think if you hit the towels with MR or APC as a pretreat like mentioned and use the MR for the wash your towels will come out really clean. Before when i was using regular liquid detergent mine seemed to stay pink with DS or whatever else was staining them. But now I rarely pretreat any towels and just using MR gets them pretty clean. I also switched from cold to warm water in the cycle. If you are going to presoak, I think a few ounces of either will be plenty for a couple of towels in the bottom of a bucket with maybe 20-40oz of warm water.

Edited by Junior

I keep a bucket of clean water handy, I add a couple of ounces of APC or MFRB to the mix (whichever I have handy).

If a towel becomes too soiled to keep using I spot treat any stains with a few shots of MFRB, agitate, then toss in the bucket to soak until I'm done with the detail.

Before I'm ready to wash them I pull each towel out, ring it out really well, then toss in the wash per the usual.

I keep a bucket of clean water handy, I add a couple of ounces of APC or MFRB to the mix (whichever I have handy).

If a towel becomes too soiled to keep using I spot treat any stains with a few shots of MFRB, agitate, then toss in the bucket to soak until I'm done with the detail.

Before I'm ready to wash them I pull each towel out, ring it out really well, then toss in the wash per the usual.

Ok, that's a great idea. I can keep that clean water bucket right there while I'm doing Rinseless Washing. Once a towel is 'shot', toss it In the bucket.

Question- how long will you leave the towels soaking in that 'clean' bucket?