Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not bad for no paint correction

PT3

Question

23 answers to this question

Phil, you forgot to dry, it still looks dripping wet!!! :jester:

Lol. Thanks bud! I don't even have any wax on it. I put one coat of LPS on it back in Sept. And just regular use of DS!

I need to find the time/motivation to put some more LPS on.

Edited by PhilT3 2014 BMW M5

Dark gray looks sharp, looking proper Phil.

For someone who complains about not having a garage you sure look like you got plenty of space back there for your baby!

LOL

I COULD fit the car in my single car garage. But it would be very tight and not a space that I could effectively work on the car while in the garage. Plus, I've got workbenches, shelving, etc... That would have to be removed.

It's just not worth it for the return. I simply need to move. Which is in the planning stage right now.

Nice car Phil.

Thanks bud! It makes for a great daily driver!

Though, I gotta say... I'm itching to get another garage queen. Sold my last one two years ago (2010 Jeep SRT8, blown, meth, etc...)

I vowed not to buy another one until I had a proper place (on my property) to store more than just one! Hence my plans to move.

I'd be more inclined to do more detailing (paint correction, waxing, etc...) on my garage queen since it STAYS clean for a good while.

Whereas, my daily is already filthy, 3 days after I spent several hours cleaning her up. And so I begin looking at the return I receive on the investment of time spent. Which makes Detailing a chore/job... Which I DON'T want to look at it that way.

End of rant.

Thanks bud! It makes for a great daily driver!

Though, I gotta say... I'm itching to get another garage queen. Sold my last one two years ago (2010 Jeep SRT8, blown, meth, etc...)

I vowed not to buy another one until I had a proper place (on my property) to store more than just one! Hence my plans to move.

I'd be more inclined to do more detailing (paint correction, waxing, etc...) on my garage queen since it STAYS clean for a good while.

Whereas, my daily is already filthy, 3 days after I spent several hours cleaning her up. And so I begin looking at the return I receive on the investment of time spent. Which makes Detailing a chore/job... Which I DON'T want to look at it that way.

End of rant.

Just keep a bucket of towels soaking in rinseless and a quick GDWM can be done in an hour every few days and saves you time with buckets, hoses, water, etc.

Just keep a bucket of towels soaking in rinseless and a quick GDWM can be done in an hour every few days and saves you time with buckets, hoses, water, etc.

I do that... but let me give you an example of why that really doesn't work for me. It rained yesterday and I drove about 150 miles. So she's pretty darn filthy today. And so I'd love to clean her today for a clean car for tomorrow.... BUT...

Today, up at 5 out the door by 6... Back to back Meetings all day... Return home at 7:30, damn well near 'spent'... with more work to do before needing to get to bed at a 'decent' hour.

Amd so... For a Rinseless wash, from start to finish, right now I am at right around 50 minutes if I hustle. And if I hustle, I'm going to sweat, which means I'll need a shower... So tack on another 30-45 minutes.

Bottom line... I need a garage queen / toy that I can truly enjoy taking my time on detailing.

You always have the weekends.

Yep! Exactly what I do pretty much every weekend as long as the weather permits.

It was nice to always have a nice clean car that only came out on nice weather days and never got truly filthy. So it was easier to do more 'advanced" detailing as I wasn't always having to do a full wash before staring any other work.

Phil just drive the **** out of your daily. And get a motorcycle as a cost efficient, fast as **** garage queen.

Or get air injection to do GDWM even when it's filthy, and safely.

Oh.... I drive the PANTS off the M!!!

And no dice on two wheels! I had my crotch-rocket days! I'm purely a 4-wheel guy!!. I'm evaluating either a new Z06 or a lightly used 991 GT3 for the garage queen.

Edited by PhilT3 2014 BMW M5

I am in love with that gray phil. God bless. I vote new z06 or maybe a z/28? Hmm vipers look nice too...

Thanks bud!!  The gray colors always catch my eye too!

Not really into the Camaro's anymore.  I had my Firebird and Camaro days.  I want a 'grown up' toy now! ; )

As for Vipers, I'm not really hot on their styling.  But maybe I need to take another look at them......?? 

I REALLY want the GT3.  As soon as I drove the 991 911 GTS, I fell in love with the platform!  So agile...and there's something about winding a highly tuned engine up to 8-9k RPM!!!!!!  But, of course it comes with a premium price tag.   

I'm glad to see you drive the M5 daily and drive the pants off it.  The vehicles were meant to be driven.

I'm also done with sportbike days as I now have a 1700cc Triumph cruiser, but I still have the rush when I twist the wrist.

Oh no doubt!!  I'm absolutely a 'driver' FIRST.  And a detailer second.

You've got some big balls to ride these days.  But I def know the rush you are referring to.  My 'open' riding anymore is only on snow-mobiles.