Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car wash wedge

hockeybawler

Question

I tried out the new car wash wedge today as it finally is sunny this week and not raining where I live.  I think I am going to be the first one to say that I am not sure I am a huge fan of it but on my next wash I am going to give it another shot just to make sure.

Pros:

Easy to hold

Releases dirt with absolutely no effort

Holds a decent amount of water

Cons:

No where near the amount of suds using a wash pad gives you

The foam cuts need to be straightened after washing

Does feel like it glides across the paint as easily as a wash pad

Like I said, I am going to try again to see if I get different results next time but as of right now I am just bummed about the lack of suds this puts on the paint.

Here is a pic after the wash!(No Vrt on the tires yet)

post-9504-0-95402400-1430158382_thumb.jpg

23 answers to this question

I have used mine twice now, and still love it. 

The foam pieces do get tangled, but it has only taken me about 30 secs to rub my hand over it to move them back into place. 

It does have less suds, but not to where it would cause an issue, or not preform as well. While the suds are cool, the pros of the wedge, at least for me, out weigh not having a huge amount of suds.

I'm still debating on top swapping my 99. 

Try to topswap it with a gen v supercharger if you can get it cheap enough, otherwise the cars really aren't worth it to mod.  Being 19 and having this as my first car, I have put way more money into it than I should have haha.

I have used mine twice now, and still love it. 

The foam pieces do get tangled, but it has only taken me about 30 secs to rub my hand over it to move them back into place. 

It does have less suds, but not to where it would cause an issue, or not preform as well. While the suds are cool, the pros of the wedge, at least for me, out weigh not having a huge amount of suds.

I just liked the added lubrication when using the wash pad.  My only issue with the pad though is I see always see a couple pieces of dirt that dont want to come out when rubbing across the grit guards

Try to topswap it with a gen v supercharger if you can get it cheap enough, otherwise the cars really aren't worth it to mod.  Being 19 and having this as my first car, I have put way more money into it than I should have haha.

I have had my 99 for almost 16 years.  Almost as old as you lol. My brother and I top swapped his 03 and it's not that bad to do.  His car is actually fun to drive and very quick.  The good thing is that these cars are cheap to mod.  I go back and forth about top swapping and then I look at my camaro and I'm like I have enough power there.

On a side note, I'm hoping to give the wash wedge a shot this week. 

I would keep modding the camaro over the grand prix.  Mine is quick and fun to drive but lately I have been in the mood to do more to it because I want it faster haha.  Thinking about rockers because they are easier to do compared to a cam but I have a feeling I will never pull the trigger on it.

Let me know what you think of the wedge!

Will do about the sponge. 

Rockers are an easy upgrade.  We added that to my brothers when we top swapped his.

I'm not modding the camaro that much.  Keeping it as is with just an intake, exhaust and suspension mods.  Only thing I am planning to do next is a tune.  It only has 14K miles so keeping it as stock as possible.

one thing you can try - when you start your wash add a drop or 2 of soap in between the channel cuts - that soap will suds up as you wash and create more lather. Also, if you use a foam gun or cannon the amount of soap already on the surface should really be enough so thats another way to go.

One of the areas I forgot to mention was the way it is constructed, the foam "fingers" absorb most of the pressure you put on the sponge, and not transfer to the paint. In a lot of cleaning products, that may be viewed as a bad thing, but in regards to paint it is a plus.

I would tend to try and press down harder with the wash pad to get a bug or anything else stuck on the paint. Now at least when I do that, I am less likely to scratch the paint.

I used mine for the first time last night. I agree with the OP . I did not see any advantages over using the wash pad vs this product. Just a different tool. I will try again but so far not worth the money to me.

Also, much like the merino mitts before it - the wedge is going to outlast the standard wash pads.

The wash pad certainly has its upside - its economical and can be replaced regularly making it the ideal solution as a secondary wash pad for the lower sections, but the wedge for the top areas will last you more than a season of washes and then some.

Also, much like the merino mitts before it - the wedge is going to outlast the standard wash pads.

The wash pad certainly has its upside - its economical and can be replaced regularly making it the ideal solution as a secondary wash pad for the lower sections, but the wedge for the top areas will last you more than a season of washes and then some.

This is how I use both items. You would know more than me, but my only concern so far with the wedge, is how well it will hold up.

So far my only concern is the gray foam handle seems like it will loosen or separate from the yellow foam if you squeeze out the water.  I went to squeeze mine and hear/felt the two separating so I stopped and just let it air dry.  Nothing separated but just a future concern.

I had the opportunity to try out the new wash wedge today to wash my dad's camaro.  I used the foam gun as well.  I'm a fan of the foam gun as this is the second time I have used it.  The wash wedge worked well.  I did have a bucket full of suds to dunk into.  I actually let my dad finish off the car as he wanted to try it.  He also liked it.  It did a good job.  It's also easy to clean out.  There are areas where it was not able to get into such as under the spoiler due to the handle but overall it's a good wash media.  I prefer this over the wash pad.  The wash pad gets too many things trapped in it and can be bothersome to clean out.