Customer Service 866.965.0400

Product for headlights/tailights

bosco1

Question

10 answers to this question

If it's not bad then the machine polishes will work.  Then seal them with something like quick sealant.

If they are on the rougher side of things they may need some sanding followed by polishing. 

Give the polishes a shot first. 

I have a set of $800 VW accessory tail lights on my R32.  When the paint shop repainted my hatch they hit the tail light with the buffer and marred it pretty good.  Anyway to get that out of the plastic?  I will get a picture to show it, im sure it will help diag.

I usually start with the MF or a very aggressive foam pad on the drill.  That way I can skip sanding most times.  You have to be careful with the drill though, as the you essentially are using a rotary polisher.  Keep it moving, and don't let the pad dry out.  

As these guys have pointed out - many times just the same process you'd use to correct paint is all thats needed. I always make a point to polish out tail lights and headlights when I'm on the paint correction stages of a detail.

If they're really bad you may want to sand first, then work up to polishing, but again it all depends on the condition they started in.

Just did this on the 2006 dodge ram recently bought. Mine were bad enough that they needed to be wet sanded first. 

I wet sanded with 3,000 grit sand paper, then did the two step correction that I would normally do on paint. After that, I topped the headlights with two coats of sealant.

It won't be a permanent fix, but they will stay clear for a few months. 

I still keep a bottle of the old Severe Swirl Remover around for headlights. It works very well. Ask around if anyone has a bottle they'd part with.

I have a bottle, tks my friend..btw Picked up a 2000 C5 corvette from a gentlemen in Allentown,Pa a few years ago...