Customer Service 866.965.0400

Orbital buffer with Americana?

noquarter

Question

4 answers to this question

CAN and SHOULD are 2 different things.

You can, the challenge comes in from how to get the wax onto the pad. Since its a hard paste you need to break the brick loose from the pot, turn it upside down to get it out, then rub it onto the pad.

On the topic of should - theres virtually no performance benefit to machine applying a wax other than saving your shoulders a little work, so the extra effort of getting the wax out and the risk of cracking or dropping it becomes a question of why bother?

Its really easy to apply by hand anyways so a hand application ends up being far less work.

I'm a hand polisher for the most part, but I do use a polisher on occasion.  The only wax I use with the polisher is the Buttery Wax.  You could apply the Americana by hand and buff it with the polisher though.  

Personally its therapeutic with me to turn the machine off and just apply by hand with a hex grip applicator especially on my last step products.

The fact that its in a pot is a good point Dylan made as far as convenience of using a machine to apply.  If we were talking Buttery, Liquid Paint Sealant, etc it might be a different story as those are liquids.