Customer Service 866.965.0400

Maintenance of Paint Sealant/HGG finish?

BoCRon

Question

So the new MINI has had her first treatments done. I clayed, then did a coat of paint sealant followed the next day by a coat of HGG

Going forward on a quick wash type of day, what is the best way to continue on.

Do I wash, dry and then do a detail spray? Or should I keep layering HGG? I have no problem continuing with the HGG as it was a very easy application and the results are well worth it, just not sure if it is needed or advised on a regular basis.

I also have the Buttery wax but not sure I want to go there in the Georgia summer!

My weekend plan is to do the wheels and trim with the Quick Sealant so will probably be doing a bath as well while I'm at it  :D .

Annette

9 answers to this question

I recommend wash, dry, and detail spray most of the time (e.g., weekly); along with wash and layering HGG periodically (e.g., monthly).

With that regimen, there's little need for Buttery Wax, but you can apply it if/when you WANT to.

I use the Detail Spray as a dryer agent to keep the water from spotting.  I do not apply a coat after the car is dry.  If I apply HGG I use it instead of the detail spray.

Wow, that's good to hear. Up until recently I used a Prima product called Hydro. You spray a light mist over the freshly washed, but still wet car and wipe dry. I'm glad to hear it sounds like I can use the detail spray in the same manner.

HGG should last about couple months but i usually reapply like every 3 -4 weeks to my DD. 

Like Brian said a rinseless wash every week or 2wks depending on your needs and then finished with DS works great. 

You can substitute HGG for DS every other rinsless wash if you like.

Nothing to add here, Brian, Norton, and ledger all have great tips.

With your regimen, not much use for Buttery to be honest.  Paint sealant every 6-8 months and a layer of HGG weekly.  Use DS or diluted rinseless when drying on a traditional wash to add lubrication while you are drying the paint.