Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help cleaning tires

Jburnisky

Question

So a buddy of mine put armor all outlast tire glaze on my tires. I never use armor all stuff. Now I cannot get this stuff off my tires. I've used tire cleaner, goo gone, purple power, scrubbed it with dawn dish soap, comet, and used a pressure washer and the film is still on my tires. I'm out of ideas for getting this stuff off

25 answers to this question

Tell your "friend" to keep his armor all to himself, lol! Have you tried an IPA solution? Simple green is also good for tires. I use it on my RC truck tires and it makes them sticky like new (a good thing for racing).

I gave the Tarminator a try and didn't do anything. After researching guys have said that armor all support said to use Tarminator or goo gone and I've used both and still didn't touch it. I guess I gotta live with it on my tires

Did you try the IPA or Simple Green? I think it would eventually wear off if all else fails. I have never had a dressing do that. And I have tried A LOT of dressings, lol! As a matter of fact, I still have almost all of the ones I have ever tried. I can't throw anything away even if it is useless, lol!

I gave the Tarminator a try and didn't do anything. After researching guys have said that armor all support said to use Tarminator or goo gone and I've used both and still didn't touch it. I guess I gotta live with it on my tires

How did you use it (Tarminator)?

It doesn't do well with a brush. You need to spray directly onto the tire, let it dwell, then scrub with a towel. The cheap bulk (junk) towels are ideal since they'll be ruined anyways.

I hate that crap!!  Though it does make the tires very shiny, which I like, it is very expensive and if you get it on the wheels it is a b---- to get off.  Have your friend get some good tire cleaner and a stiff brush and work that crap off the tire.  And tell him if he touches your car with anything like that you'll use construction adhesive to glue his tires to the pavement.

Did you use Tarminator the way I recommended?  Take a terry cloth towel, spray the towel well and scrub the tire with it.  You'll use about a can per tire, but it will work.  I've taken off true tire coatings with this method.

You can't spray it on the tires, and then rinse it off expecting it to work and brushing the tarminator won't work either.

Have a picture? I have a general understanding of the composition of this product and between all the things you've done it should be degraded at the very least.

We have tested and continue to test a tire coating in the background so I'm a bit skeptical its held up to all these steps - especially considering I have some of the exact product which was applied and removed in comparison testing.