Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which cloth with which spray for this scenario?

BoCRon

Question

This is a pretty regular set up at my place. The car has been washed recently, has Liquid Paint Sealant as a base followed by a couple of coats of HG&G over the past month or so. I washed it last weekend, have only driven a couple of times. We haven't had rain in a few weeks so it's pretty gritty and dusty on the roads. 

I'm going out later and wanted to clean the car up a bit as it has just been sitting. I took my Sidekick and blew it off hoping to get any standing dust and grit off the paint.

So I have detail spray and Waterless wash. I have double softs, single softs and waffle weave towels.

As there isn't really any old dirt or mud on the car my thought was Detail but I want to be sure to protect the finish and sealants I've applied thus far.

Annette

13 answers to this question

For dust removal go with the Waterless Wash and waffle weaves. Be sure you're following proper technique... allow a much younger, thinner, and less bearded me to explain ;)

if you want to follow with a little detail spray after for added gloss then use a fresh, plush towel for that.

What about using diluted Rinseless in lieu of Waterless Wash?

^What Robert said.  You can use diluted Rinseless to encapsulate and remove light dirt and dust for sure, I like it a bit stronger at 1:8, however, you may need to wipe dirt away with one side, then flip towel to a clean side to lightly "buff" the polymers to a high, streak free shine.  Alternatively, use 2 towels, one to wipe down and remove/encapsulate the dust/dirt, and then follow up with a clean towel for buffing streak free, which is probably the best option.  And rotate towels often.

I got a bottle of Rinseless in my Mystery box. I wasn't thinking I would really use it very much as I live in the south and can wash my car outside for at least 10 months of the year. I will definitely mix up a diluted bottle and keep it for this purpose. I have a boatload of towels so that isn't an issue. So is it ok to mix up a 16 oz bottle and leave it in the cabinet with my other products? 

Thanks so much for all the help!

Annette

I got a bottle of Rinseless in my Mystery box. I wasn't thinking I would really use it very much as I live in the south and can wash my car outside for at least 10 months of the year. I will definitely mix up a diluted bottle and keep it for this purpose. I have a boatload of towels so that isn't an issue. So is it ok to mix up a 16 oz bottle and leave it in the cabinet with my other products? 

Annette

If you are using your RW like WW use a WW MF towel.

Annette

How about if you could wash and dry you car in 15 minutes, use only 3.5 gallons of water, and do it in the garage?  I have been using rinseless washes on my cars for about 5 years, and rarely use a regular 2 bucket wash (only time is for a 'strip' wash with APC).

How about if you could wash and dry you car in 15 minutes, use only 3.5 gallons of water, and do it in the garage?  I have been using rinseless washes on my cars for about 5 years, and rarely use a regular 2 bucket wash (only time is for a 'strip' wash with APC).

I may give that a try this winter. As it stands my garage is a bit dark and kind of tight on space to move around for very long. My husband says he wants to upgrade the lighting but I'm not sure how we can at this point so for now daylight is best. Good idea for another thread I think, I'm sure I can get good suggestions from folks here.