Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much have YOU spent?

PT3

I just noticed how Adams new website keeps track of our profile and our past orders.

So, I was curious and added up all my orders starting from last November 27th, 2014.

My total over 14 separate orders is $992... Plus the $218 order I just placed for the Labor Day sale..

Bringing my grand total to $1,210, from 15 orders, in approx 10 months time. That's an average of $121 per month...or... $80.67 per order.

Curious... What does YOUR order history look like?

Dan...(Wolf)... I'm not good at math and don't have a calculator that goes that high so please keep that in mind when sharing your results! Lol. ; )

Edited by PT3

Hahahaha! Luckily many of my orders were on the old website and were conveniently lost from my Order History.

I will say that there are many other hobbies that are much more expensive than detailing. This hobby is great because you can learn new skills, be active, protect your vehicle, and support a company that has values and cares about their customers. I think that's worth a hundred bucks a month!

Since May I have spent $5k lol

I have 6 cars to constantly keep clean and keep at least a gallon of everything in stock. Usually every night at least one of them is getting some sort of treatment even if its just a wash/H20.

I've spent about $3,000 over the last 6 years since I've been using adams. Most came at first until I built up my arsenal. Expenses are much less now since all I do is replace what I've used up and purchase a new item every now and then. I'm fortunate that I live near Carlisle PA so I get most of my products at the events there. It really saves a lot on shipping.

Rather than trying to make a determination about how much everyone spends, in a certain period, it really should only matter if you spend what you can afford to spend, to achieve your own individual goals or objectives, to meet your own specific needs, whether you detail for a living, or just to keep personal vehicles looking the best they can.

I have placed over 50 orders in 11 months, spent enough to buy a small used car, but everything I have purchased has been for a specific goal or objective, and includes many tools, and sets of pads, as well as the chemicals.

I don't detail for a living, I do detail my fleet, now (3) and my kids and brother's cars, and have done a few cars for the members of the car club I belong too. Haven't made all my money back, never intended to do so, and also made a large purchase that I chose to use as a donation for a Silent auction.

To me, like the old MasterCard commercials, the value is PRICELESS to have self satisfaction of knowing the vehicles I drive or detail are done correctly, to the highest standards, and are typically easy to do when you enjoy doing it and you use the best products available. 

I was just curious... I'm fascinated by trends/data points. Maybe I'm more just curious.

As I expected the spend runs the gamut.

And yes, @TheWolf... Detailing is by far my least costly hobby! Which makes it that much more accessible.

I just began preparing for non-competitive club racing (hence the GT3 purchase) and holy ****. I drag raced in bracket racing when i was younger and I thought THAT was expensive! But oh well....a man has to have an outlet/hobbies and if you want to play...you got to pay!

Edited by PT3

Since May I have spent $5k lol

I have 6 cars to constantly keep clean and keep at least a gallon of everything in stock. Usually every night at least one of them is getting some sort of treatment even if its just a wash/H20.

Holy crap! Is detailing a hobby? Or do you maintain the 6 cars for some other purpose? That's a good bit of money on Adams products! You've got to be one of their larger accounts, no? Not judging...I think it's great! Edited by PT3

Let's put it this way.  My co-workers wanted to get me some Adams stuff as I have my packages sent to work and they have noticed over the years. Adams asked my co-worker where he worked and they immediately knew who the order was for. 

When my wife kept asking me why I was getting these get well cards from Adams, I had to place an order each month to make sure Adams did not mail another card out.   :)

And yes, @TheWolf... Detailing is by far my least costly hobby! Which makes it that much more accessible.

@PT3, this forum does not currently support the use of @mentions.  :)

I will check and see if this is a feature that can be turned on, as it is useful at times, like this one.

@PT3, this forum does not currently support the use of @mentions.  :)

I will check and see if this is a feature that can be turned on, as it is useful at times, like this one.

Thanks bud. I think I actually knew that....but did it anyway! LOL

I have found Less is more.  Use products that do muliple tasks.  Its great out the gate buying all the latest and greatest stuff but a lot of stuff is overkill.

I WISH I could think this way. I can't get myself to use less product. I always used too much!

Rather than trying to make a determination about how much everyone spends, in a certain period, it really should only matter if you spend what you can afford to spend, to achieve your own individual goals or objectives, to meet your own specific needs, whether you detail for a living, or just to keep personal vehicles looking the best they can.

I have placed over 50 orders in 11 months, spent enough to buy a small used car, but everything I have purchased has been for a specific goal or objective, and includes many tools, and sets of pads, as well as the chemicals.

I don't detail for a living, I do detail my fleet, now (3) and my kids and brother's cars, and have done a few cars for the members of the car club I belong too. Haven't made all my money back, never intended to do so, and also made a large purchase that I chose to use as a donation for a Silent auction.

To me, like the old MasterCard commercials, the value is PRICELESS to have self satisfaction of knowing the vehicles I drive or detail are done correctly, to the highest standards, and are typically easy to do when you enjoy doing it and you use the best products available.

Oh Robert... I didn't intend for the question to get this 'deep'. Lol. Again... Just curious as to what folks spend on this hobby. Nothing more....

Not intending to judge in ANY way. We all have budgets and various interests where we spend our discretionary income. Some people think I'm crazy for my hobbies of watch collecting, or high-end audio and HT equipment...or my bespoke wardrobe. Or my good friend who collects sports cards. Etc...

So...while I'm rather new to this hobby and quite the novice I'm fascinated by how far / to what degree one can take it. And at the same time appreciate those who keep it rather modest just as I do.

I look at TheWolf's investment of time, resources and money. And in no way judging... I find it 'awesome' in the true sense of the word. I can always appreciate when someone has passion for (fill in the blank) and takes it to the next level. And looking at the 'spend' is just the easiest way to put an actual number to it, that's all.

Edited by PT3

I'm in about 1200 and started in 2012.

As I read and learn more about the different products I try them and end up buying more and more because I like the results.

This is my cheapest hobby by far. I have fast street /drag cars.

Edited by FrozenWS6

I'm in about 1200 and started in 2012.

As I read and learn more about the different products I try them and end up buying more and more because I like the results.

This is my cheapest hobby by far. I have fast street /drag cars.

Yeah... Going fast is not cheap!! But it sure is a TON of fun! I see you have a 4th gen F body. I had a 99 Z28 doing consistent high 10's n/a back in 2000-2002. Fun cars! 9-sec is moving!!

I try to keep all my hobbies fun. That's why we are all here on this forum, along with other forums. We get to have fun here.

That's a pretty fast Z being NA. I'm 10.7 NA, deep into the 9's on a small shot with my 98 TA, 12's with my 01 WS6 TA.

Edited by FrozenWS6

I try to keep all my hobbies fun. That's why we are all here on this forum, along with other forums. We get to have fun here.

That's a pretty fast Z being NA. I'm 10.7 NA, deep into the 9's on a small shot with my 98 TA, 12's with my 01 WS6 TA.

Yeah, it was purpose-built and dialed in for sure! Took a while to get it there though.

Here she is in street form. I had a full track wheel/tire set up.

post-12257-0-30643600-1442036674_thumb.jpg