Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Con... How often?

PT3

Question

10 answers to this question

I do a wipe-down on the seats with LC every 3-4 weeks.  I use just enough product to wet the towel, not a real heavy coat, more of a maintenance wipe.  I have not seen any indication of build-up.

If you use it more often,  just use less product, and then clean the leather with LIC a couple times a year to remove any build-up.

I use it as often as I feel like it.  Never had any problems with build up or staining on clothes.  One thing I do when I store my Vette for winter is to apply a good coating using my hands just before covering her up and I don't wipe it down.  When spring comes and I uncover the car, I'll back the car out into the sun to warm the interior up and then wipe it down good with a micro.  It really seems to keep the fabric super nice.  The seats in my 02 still looked brand new when I traded her in, and I'm having good results with the new one too. 

I have a quick question about this. I just bought a new car with perforated seats. Now I don't want the leather to get hard and Crack between the holes so I just cleaned and conditioned the seats yesterday. I was thinking of conditioning them again today. I guess my thought is to "hydrate" the seat if there is such a thing.