Customer Service 866.965.0400

Invisible Undercarriage

pirahnah3

Question

So I got a bottle of this in a recent mystery box and having watched the vid in the past (what a beautiful F40!) I went back and watched it again. So I kinda have the general idea of how to use the product. Now my question comes in after thinking about it. 

The fender wells in my 2015 F250 are more of that felt type rather than all plastic. They have that nice matte black look to them already,

So two questions off of that,

1. Is this product safe for those felt type panels? I am hoping to increase tire size to fill in the wheel well a bet when I need to replace them early next year most likely. 

2. What other uses might there be for this product? 

14 answers to this question

I generally just clean the felt with either a soap mix or APC and scrub them out, normally don't do anything else to them. For my truck I hit the frame/suspension components I can reach with IUC spray. Doesn't last as long on metal surafaces but it sure does look good. If I remember correctly IUC is somewhat flammable so it was recommended to use sparingly if at all in the engine compartment.

Do NOT use it on the felt or fabric tire wells.

Those you just have to brush out and rinse (apc isn't really needed there anyway) - my buddy used a rubber pet hair brush on it actually and it works real well to loosen the crap up

Yet another use for a pet hair brush in the detailing world! I use one for my old wash pads. Might have to give it a try on the fenders too (this is my first vehicle with felt fender liners).

Well this was super-helpful and timely.  My new car has fabric wheel wells (something I never even new was a thing).  I found this out when I was about to go at it with the Undercarriage Spray as I did on my Camaro.  Ended up skipping it and just spraying it down.  Checked here for advice and here y'all are.  Thanks!

Now to Petsmart for auto detailing tools :)

-Don