Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax,polish wish list item

After spending the afternoon detailing the wife's WHITE Hyundai Santa Fe, I have come to the realization that 62 year old eyes are having a harder time seeing if I missed any wax or glaze removal. How about wax,glaze,Polish that changes color to blue or something similar once it is ready to remove? Could easily see missed spots that way. Or am I the only one who has a problem seeing cured wax on a white car.

That's a good idea that I think has been brought up before. A big problem is what color. Maybe a light blue or something like it would be able to be seen on most colors except light blue cars and trucks. It would not even have to change it could start out that way. I know even with wax turning white I can still miss small spots sometimes. Right there with you on the eyes. Was always 20/15 (better then avg.) in both eyes and now at 56 that has all changed. Lol.

Personally, I'm 69 and wouldn't use a colored wax and I have 2 white cars. But both have clear tape on them and I have enough problems with dirt along the edges as soon as I pull the cars out of the garage.  Plus, if they stain wax rags, in theory they could eventually build up and leave behind some color in the clear coat. Having one more thing to obsess over isn't good at my age. I stick with the Patriot. Best stuff I've ever tried. 

Personally, I'm 69 and wouldn't use a colored wax and I have 2 white cars. But both have clear tape on them and I have enough problems with dirt along the edges as soon as I pull the cars out of the garage.  Plus, if they stain wax rags, in theory they could eventually build up and leave behind some color in the clear coat. Having one more thing to obsess over isn't good at my age. I stick with the Patriot. Best stuff I've ever tried.

Didn't think of buildup staining clear coat, not concerned with microfiber discoloring, just hate it when someone says "You missed a spot" and was looking for a solution.

Better lighting always helps.  And usually, once I go over things with DS I'll catch anything I missed.  It's definitely harder the older I get, but the wife says it keeps me going and out of her way.  :lolsmack: 

Yep...similar deal here. I do mostly rinseless/waterless washes and always follow-up with a quick detail spray wipe down with a  double soft. ALWAYS the nice clean, white double soft shows signs that I missed a few spots with the wash!

Pull out of the garage into the sun and then put on polarized sunglasses while you remove the residue in order to reduce the glare off the paint so you can see if anything's left, this will also help you squint less.

Better lighting always helps.  And usually, once I go over things with DS I'll catch anything I missed.  It's definitely harder the older I get, but the wife says it keeps me going and out of her way.  :lolsmack:

Those two things. 

I do almost ALL of my work outside currently and the polarized sunglasses really help. Unless I am about to apply liquid paint sealer and spent the time removing a bunch of clay bar lube residue or polisher residue I always follow up my wax removal with a detail spray double soft towel wipe down. Personally I just feel that it give that nice one little last pop and cleanup of any of my OOPs spots of wax or even LPS removal. 

As to the OP here, I drive a white F250 and I agree it is not always the easiest to find all those spots but with the above mentioned methods I rarely if ever find a spot I have missed.