Kickerz71

Question

16 answers to this question

Wash

Dry

Clay

Adams Paint Correcting Polish

Adams Paint Finishing Polish

After these steps you could use one of the following for protection.

Adams Liquid Paint Sealant

Adams H20 Guard and Gloss

Adams Americana Wax

Adams Buttery Wax

What type of car are you working on? What does the paint look like? Do you have a polisher?

How should I go about removing bug guts on the front, and rail dust on the rear?  My truck has it the worst on both ends, and I still haven't found a way to SAFELY remove all of that.  I would assume I need to remove all of that before correcting/polishing, correct?  I don't want to apply too much pressure getting the bug guts off, what chemicals will help get those off? 

That's the only part holding me up on correcting/polishing that vehicle.  My other 2 are in better shape.

How should I go about removing bug guts on the front, and rail dust on the rear?  My truck has it the worst on both ends, and I still haven't found a way to SAFELY remove all of that.  I would assume I need to remove all of that before correcting/polishing, correct?  I don't want to apply too much pressure getting the bug guts off, what chemicals will help get those off? 

That's the only part holding me up on correcting/polishing that vehicle.  My other 2 are in better shape.

Check the Youtube Channel for the shine doc series on paint decontamination. It involves a 1:1 dilution of Deep Wheel Cleaner. 

There are  lots of threads on removing bug guts on the forums. Waterless Wash or Rinseless Diluted seems to be the chemicals of most effective of softening them up and breaking them down for easy removal. What that and a microfiber can't take care, the clay bar should get the rest. I personally have small piece of clay dedicated to remove bug guts that the chemicals don't get.

And remember, you are doing the decon before the correction, so if you do have to use pressure you can get any marring out when you polish.

For removing bugs, I often soak thin MF towels in my wash solution, then lay the over the 'buggy' area for 5-10 minutes.  After the soaking they bugs should remove easily.  This method preserves the LSP.

You could try diluted APC on the bugs too.  Just do NOT let it dry.

LSP = Last Step Product - This can be a wax or sealant product of choice

LPS is usually abbreviated here to mean Liquid Paint Sealant - but LSP is used often by us casual and/or professional detailers to encompass many more different protection products

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I know there will be a few places my polisher can't get to (under door handles, tight spaces.....).  How should I address those?

For those areas that even the Rupes Mini may have trouble reaching, I will hand polish them with the Orange and Blue Hex Grip Applicators - Orange Hex with Paint Correcting Polish if there are heavy scratches under the door handle, then follow it up with the Blue Hex with Revive Hand Polish.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators.html

We also have some of the orange UFO applicators available while supplies last in the Clearance section of the website. They are even lower profile than the Orange Hex Grip:

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/clearance.html

I picked up one of UFO pads last night!  I also have LPS and the accompanying 6" pad for application.  How should I apply the buttery wax?  I have the MF applicators.....but I also have the PC 7424.  Are there any machine pads (and speed settings) you recommend for wax, or should that be done Mr Miagi style?

You can use our Gray Foam Pads to apply Liquid Paint Sealant or Buttery Wax with a machine no problem, but I would recommend maybe having a different pad for each product. Both are perfectly fine to apply by hand as well.

You would want a low speed setting on the machine to apply either (speed 1-2), and you do not need to apply a ton of downward pressure on the machine, since all you are trying to do at this point is spread the sealant or wax thin and even, not paint correction.