Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question for daily driven show vehicle

Svrdwgn

Question

I have a black CTS wagon that I will be showing, but it is also my daily driver. I've been reading up on the best products for durability since I have no garage, but I also want the extra wet/gloss paint look when it comes time for a show. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for the best of both worlds, as I am new to owning a black car. I've found the sealants for protection, and the waxes for shine, but I'm wondering how to get the best from both while battling Louisiana heat, humidity, and dust? Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum Joni.

Here is what I would do:

Step 1 - Polish the paint.  Even if the paint is in good shape, if you are going to be showing the car, a two-step polish will add depth and additional shine.

Step 2 - Apply a base layer of LPS for protection from the elements.

Step 3 - Top the sealant with PW.

Step 4 - Assuming the wax appilcation is still relatively fresh when it comes to show time, add a coat of BG right before the show.  If it has been a month or so since the wax was applied, add another coat and then top with BG for the super-show-shine.

Step 5 - Write a short speech for accepting the Best in Show award.  ;)

Hey Joni! Thanks for signing up to our forum.

Your best bet for protection and shine after polishing the surface of any fine swirl marks and scratches would be to put a layer of Liquid Paint Sealant down first for protection, followed by a coat of Brilliant Glaze and then either Buttery Wax, Americana, or Patriot Wax for that awesome depth and wet look.

Liquid Paint Sealant is the most durable product we offer and should last around 6 months with one application. The Brilliant Glaze will help temporarily fill in some of those finer swirls and scratches that the machine polisher may not fully remove. Then with our waxes, Patriot is my top choice for show cars since it is our premium concourse level wax that applies and removes incredibly easy, but Buttery Wax and Americana are also great choices!

Adding another coat of Brilliant Glaze after a few months or right before a show will really make it pop for the judges :)

Edit: Geez, Wolf beat me to it!

Welcome Joni,

From the owner of a black vehicle that gets shown, but only driven occasionally, both Dan's gave you the right recipe for award winning shine and protection!

Be sure to post up some photos of the black CTS wagon as well!

:thumbsup: 

I definitely appreciate the inputs! And the compliments...she's a daily above all else but while my 60 Cadillac is getting built, I figured I'd make this one a little more fun to drive to shows in the mean time ????????