Customer Service 866.965.0400

Completed First Full Exterior Detail

FordFocusST

Question

Since the weather was nice here in PA and I finally had some time on my hands, I finally did a complete exterior detail. I basically washed the car, clayed it, washed it again, dried it, put VRT on, corrected it, finished it, sealed, glazed, and waxed it. I also put tire shine on, undercarriage spray, and then used glass cleaner and sealant on the windows. It turned out really well but not perfect. I noticed some scratches still which is to be expected. I did notice some holograms on the hood which I don't know where they came from. I did hit a deer awhile ago and they replaced the hood and painted it, so I don't know if that's where it came from because the hood wasn't done to well and I was not to happy.

​Anyways, here is some pictures:

post-11558-0-79311100-1456180281_thumb.jpg

post-11558-0-64705000-1456180282_thumb.jpg

post-11558-0-42332600-1456180283_thumb.jpg

Just to finish off,  I will say I learned a lot from doing this myself. Glad I used VRT, that's a savior for plastics! Also, tape off the crevices! Makes life easier! Was a fun time. Took me a day and a half and 17,000 steps as per my tracker! Was exhausting yet rewarding!

13 answers to this question

Patrick, looks real nice.

Also see that there is NO snow there?

Same here in MI, but we are supposed to get 6+ inches again later this week.

Wasn't that area hit with a lot of snow a little while ago?

I think it was about 3 weeks ago we got hit. I think more is suppose to come our way on Wednesday too. Not 6+ I don't think anyways.

Looks great, Patrick!

Protip for the Focus: The roof gutter covers are easily removable, as are the plastic water guides to the left and right of the windshield. There are some other parts that are moderately easy to remove. But those are two easy ones that make polishing just a little simpler.

Looks great, Patrick!

Protip for the Focus: The roof gutter covers are easily removable, as are the plastic water guides to the left and right of the windshield. There are some other parts that are moderately easy to remove. But those are two easy ones that make polishing just a little simpler.

This is good to know. I didn't even think to remove them! This would have made it easier!

Nice job Patrick!  Don't forget about the detail clinic at Grabiak Chevrolet on Rte 22 in New Alexandria/Blairsville on May 21st. Not too far of a drive for you.  

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/30027-mark-your-calendars-the-8th-annual-gpc-detail-clinic-dinner-sign-up/

Planning on going again this year! Will be my third time. Its always a good time. I saw you're not going. I guess where you are going is probably more relaxing! :)