Customer Service 866.965.0400

How NOT to detail your Bentley !!!!!

Bill-V8V

Is This "Professional Detailing?"  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is This "Professional Detailing?"

• Yes, Absolutely!
    • Not So Much!
    • I use Fantastik and/or 409 on my paint, so what?
    • What is Professional Detailing?

Question

• Answers 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You got competition Adam, that how to video is pretty awesome!!!

Haha yea right. Not only is he doing a horrible job with horrible products and horrible techniques, he shows NO passion or desire to clean that car or make that video. Where did he find that equipment? In a back city alley? W O W!

26 years?looks like you have maybey detailed for 26 min!!409????he sprayed water all inside the car!!used the smae mitt for everything!!!i wonder how much cement is left in that bucket?i bet you it gets a little EXTRA scrubbing power!!!!ahahhaha:lol:i feel bad for the owner of this bentley...

I watched some of the other videos. He tosses the wash mitt on the ground, then picks it up, puts it in the bucket, and then washes the car. I can't imagine the number of stones embedded in the mitt.

After eight years in the United States Secret Service, I made an unsuccessful run for the United States House of Representatives in 1980.

Too Bad.... Think how well he would have fit in with the rest of those "bad" detailers on Capitol Hill !! ;)

Dennis

I watched some of the other videos. He tosses the wash mitt on the ground, then picks it up, puts it in the bucket, and then washes the car. I can't imagine the number of stones embedded in the mitt.

:eek: Wow! That's friggin terrible! I dont know why Im surprised, but still...that's horrible. Im glad I didnt see any more of this joker's videos.

Also, I think he is the guy responsible for teaching the guys at dealerships how to wash cars...some real talent there! /sarcasm

Guest V6Power

Do any of you guys have the same successful business as he does?, does anyone here throwing out the 'name calling' and 'questioning his abilities' have anywhere near 26 yrs experience?. Has anyone ever seen a Bentley in real life, or been trusted enough to detail one?.

Why is it, every time someone doesn't use "Adams" products or techniques, they are "morons" "jokers" "bad detailers" and various other childish name calling?. You people seem to think Adams products and techniques are the 'Holy grail' of the detail world, "Adam said so" therefore it must be right!!!.

Whether anyone here thinks this guy can do the job or not, the FACT is, he obviously IS doing something right, he has a successful business doing what he does, and people trust him (with bentley's no less!!). So, until you can say you have the same experience, success, and trust from customers, don't dismiss someone just because they don't jump on the 'Adams' bandwagon.

Ohh, and no, I don't know this guy in any way, and i'm not even saying his way is right, but its his way and based on his history, its obviously worked for him.

Do any of you guys have the same successful business as he does?, does anyone here throwing out the 'name calling' and 'questioning his abilities' have anywhere near 26 yrs experience?. Has anyone ever seen a Bentley in real life, or been trusted enough to detail one?.

Why is it, every time someone doesn't use "Adams" products or techniques, they are "morons" "jokers" "bad detailers" and various other childish name calling?. You people seem to think Adams products and techniques are the 'Holy grail' of the detail world, "Adam said so" therefore it must be right!!!.

Whether anyone here thinks this guy can do the job or not, the FACT is, he obviously IS doing something right, he has a successful business doing what he does, and people trust him (with bentley's no less!!). So, until you can say you have the same experience, success, and trust from customers, don't dismiss someone just because they don't jump on the 'Adams' bandwagon.

Ohh, and no, I don't know this guy in any way, and i'm not even saying his way is right, but its his way and based on his history, its obviously worked for him.

Relax my friend, do you really think this is the only site where this guys techniques are being talked about ? It is not, this is probably the most tame response to this video that I have seen. This has nothing to do with Adam or his products. I can send you a link if you like, in a PM, where you can read the opinion of many others, non Adam's users, who feel the same way.

I'm off to work now :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Relax my friend, do you really think this is the only site where this guys techniques are being talked about ? It is not, this is probably the most tame response to this video that I have seen. This has nothing to do with Adam or his products. I can send you a link if you like, in a PM, where you can read the opinion of many others, non Adam's users, who feel the same way.

Exactly. I know of about 3 or 4 forums where this is posted. The issue is whether or not he's using Adam's products (although that would be nice I suppose), the issue is the exceptionally poor technique by ANY standard and the use of poor materials by ANY standard. He didn't detail a car...he described the method to clean a dirty kitchen counter-top! And I think technique and materials are only half of it; the other half is just the shocking lack of passion or enthusiasm for what he's doing. I've NEVER seen a detailer with an attitude like that...ever.

Hello Mr or Ms. V6Power- Don't you find it a little funny that he's using 409 on the paint, and spraying it on the door jambs, on or extremely close to the undoubtedly soft-grain leather seats? Don't you find it a little amusing that he's been chosen by a website that claims 'how the pro's do it,' and doesn't mention clay as part of the polish and/or wax regimen? Don't you find it funny that he doesn't use ANY professional cleaners for wheels, tires, engine, etc?

I do, it's freaking fantastic, and it's a great source for a giant belly-rolling, fall-on-the-floor, hysterical laugh-our- butt-off kind of entertainment! (Seriously, for a car detailing-enthusiast website, this video is A++++ stuff to get a laugh out of!):lolsmack:

If you are not in agreement with this forum's use of this video as a wonderful source of entertainment, I'm very sorry.:)

Also, just because I'm feeling silly, and your post has amused the heck out of me this morning, (THANK YOU VERY MUCH V6Power:2thumbs:) I'll mention that my car detailing 'experience' started in 1981, so technically, I've got 28 years experience. (Does that give me the credentials to suggest using 409 or Fantastik on the paint, NO! :lol:)

Edited by Adam

Wow! It has nothing to do with products at all. Had this dude used Adam's products, he still would have executed very bad techniques. Which is the source of entertainment and at the same time, tragedy to the cars that he services.

For someone who claims to be a professional and in the business for as long as he has, he opens himself up for this kind of response. At least the man could do is get some professional cleaning supplies (proper bucket, towels, etc.) I would not of executed his techniques as a child.

I understand your want to stick up for the guy, but the bottom line is, if you claim to be a professional, then show me some professionalism.

It has nothing to do with the fact that he doesn't use Adam's Products, but did you see the same video we saw? That guy should be royaly ashamed of himself! And yes I have seen a Bentley and many other top notch cars, and would never treat them the way that guy does.:willy:

Sounds like we need the Ban Hammer brought down on this Newb

ban20hammer1gq4.jpg

:lol:

You people seem to think Adams products and techniques are the 'Holy grail' of the detail world, "Adam said so" therefore it must be right!

I'm not sure, but I think your response to this may almost be funnier than the person in that video being considered a "professional" detailer. To address the quoted portions of your post, as seen above, I offer the following:

The vast majority of people you will encounter on this forum do think quite highly of Adam's products, the various detailing techniques prescribed for said products, as well as the opinions of others on this forum. I have tried many different products and techniques in the past. These products and techniques are the ones I'll be sticking with.

Funny that you say you don't defend this guy's methods....just that it's obviously worked for him. How do you know that? How well has it worked for him? Would you let him touch your car? Just becuase somebody has been doing something, and has gotten paid for it, over the course of several years does not mean that they are actually good at it.

Edited by mikegeaney

Guest V6Power
Don't you find it funny that he doesn't use ANY professional cleaners for wheels, tires, engine, etc?

I suppose it comes down to your definition of "professional", many 'professional' detailers use many diferent products, but what makes one better than another?.

I'll mention that my car detailing 'experience' started in 1981, so technically, I've got 28 years experience.

Well, I take my hat of to you as my senior, you have one year more experience than I do.

At least the man could do is get some professional cleaning supplies (proper bucket, towels, etc.) I would not of executed his techniques as a child.

How a bucket looks on the outside is no reflection on how the inside looks, many detailers have aged equipment that may look tarnished on the outside, but has been well cared for where it matters.

I understand your want to stick up for the guy, but the bottom line is, if you claim to be a professional, then show me some professionalism.

As I stated in my previous post, I am not defending this guy in any way. I was merely pointing out that people here seem too keen to attack anyone who doesn't use the 'Holy Grail' standards, even when a lot of such people don't have any real experience to base their comparison on.

Sounds like we need the Ban Hammer brought down on this Newb

Thats a very productive comment, yeah! lets keep the 'freedom of speech' world in which we live proud...... Funny how when someone questions the 'Holy Grail' way, they magically disapear without trace? (banned, locked out, all their posts deleted, as if they never existed... (where's Maulder and Scully when you need 'em.....:loser:)).

Funny that you say you don't defend this guy's methods....just that it's obviously worked for him. How do you know that? How well has it worked for him? Would you let him touch your car? Just becuase somebody has been doing something, and has gotten paid for it, over the course of several years does not mean that they are actually good at it.

As stated, no I don't defend this guy, and to answer your question... NO I wouldn't let him near my car.

And I agree, doing something and being paid for it over several years does not mean they are good at it. However, as with most 'service industry' type business', repeat/returning customers plays a large part in how successful you are, and this guy has a successful detailing business, so in my estimation, he must be doing something right!!!!.