Customer Service 866.965.0400

How NOT to detail your Bentley !!!!!

Bill-V8V

Is This "Professional Detailing?"  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is This "Professional Detailing?"

• Yes, Absolutely!
    • Not So Much!
    • I use Fantastik and/or 409 on my paint, so what?
    • What is Professional Detailing?

Question

• Answers 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Funny how when someone questions the 'Holy Grail' way, they magically disapear without trace? (banned, locked out, all their posts deleted, as if they never existed... (where's Maulder and Scully when you need 'em.....:loser:)).

No need for any Ban Hammer here, you posted your opinion just like everyone else. Your opinion is as welcomed here as anyone, well except Rich but that's for another thread :lol:

But I am still confused by your "Holy Grail" comments. I have not seen anyone here condemn this man for not using Adam's products.

I think it has more to do with his technique than anything else.

Ok, the use of 409 to clean everything is just plain wrong in my opinion but I am entitled to that opinion too.

And by the way, excellent use of a Maulder/Scully reference :banana::banana::banana:

Ok, I'll get off my soap box. Go back to having fun everyone :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats a very productive comment, yeah! lets keep the 'freedom of speech' world in which we live proud...... Funny how when someone questions the 'Holy Grail' way, they magically disapear without trace? (banned, locked out, all their posts deleted, as if they never existed... (where's Maulder and Scully when you need 'em.....:loser:)).

just to fill you in I was joking. so realy your the :loser:

but seriously im not gonna say just cause this guy sucks cause he didnt use adams product its the way he did it. like spraying water that close or on leather. and using 409. thats not right.

Edited by Pontiacgt201

Guest V6Power
No need for any Ban Hammer here, you posted your opinion just like everyone else. Your opinion is as welcomed here as anyone, well except Rich but that's for another thread :lol:

But I am still confused by your "Holy Grail" comments. I have not seen anyone here condemn this man for not using Adam's products.

I think it has more to do with his technique than anything else.

Ok, the use of 409 to clean everything is just plain wrong in my opinion but I am entitled to that opinion too.

And by the way, excellent use of a Maulder/Scully reference :banana::banana::banana:

Ok, I'll get off my soap box. Go back to having fun everyone :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for that reassurance Bill, but i'm sure people have been banned here before for a lot less.

My reference to the 'Holy grail' is a little play on words to emphasize my observations on this forum. In that, I see all over the threads people tearing down other products as inferior to "Adams", a lot of times without knowing what the other products are capable of.

I am sure 'Adams' products are good, a lot of people like them, but there are "as good" and superior products out there, I tend to think of 'Adams' products as the 'AOL' of detailing, easy to use, someone there to hold your hand and guide you, and color coded so you can't screw up!!.

And before anyone jumps in, yes I have used 'Adams' products, one of my regular customers won't allow anything else on his cars. That was until he got a bad scratch and 'Adams' wouldn't touch it, admittedly my #1 swirl remover wouldn't touch it either. Only after wet sanding and moving up to the next stage #2 swirl remover did it come out.

So, in reality the guy in the video is irrelevant, I was just trying to highlight how people condemn for no other reason than "to be in with the in crowd", if you like 'Adams' products thats fine, but don't knock other products unless you have hands on knowledge of them.

Ohh, and thanks for keeping the posts mature and positive Bill, glad to see that not all the recent posts hit the playground level.

Ooh, this thread got messy, anyway...

I really thought this was a joke video, looks like he grew up cleaning farm tractors after school. With his standards I get 31 yrs experience. Maybe 40 if cleaning dad's car better than he does counts.

After soaking the leather, I particularly liked - cleaning the wheel arch just before the chrome wheel.

After soaking the leather, I particularly liked - cleaning the wheel arch just before the chrome wheel.

Him shooting the leather with a hose was my favorite part too...isn't Bentley the company that has their own custom raised cows? They're conditioned & given vitamins everyday and raised in pens with no barbed wire. I think it's either Bentley or Rolls Royce that does that...:confused:

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome

Wow, what a thread! I always get in on the good stuff too late! lol.gif

So V6, I have to ask... if you feel this way about the Adam's crowd here, why did you join? It wouldn't be so that you could keep an eye on the... cough coughcompetitioncough, cough...? :D

My reference to the 'Holy grail' is a little play on words to emphasize my observations on this forum. In that, I see all over the threads people tearing down other products as inferior to "Adams", a lot of times without knowing what the other products are capable of.

I am sure 'Adams' products are good, a lot of people like them, but there are "as good" and superior products out there, I tend to think of 'Adams' products as the 'AOL' of detailing, easy to use, someone there to hold your hand and guide you, and color coded so you can't screw up!!.

ok I see what ya mean. for some of use Adams has done the best. Ive used a lot of different products and companies and Adams has worked the best for me. has the best results. If used tons of other products on my car and some are better then others, and only one has come close to Adams products but wasnt better. Maybe there is something better out there and I just haven't used it yet but its not 409.

Edited by Junkman2008

I dunno guys... I agree that it's a scary way to be washing a car, but if that dude's making a living at it, so be it. We're all overly enthusiastic Adam's users and we have our own ideas about what's right, but there's no need to jump down V6Power's throat for calling us out on it. :patriot:

Rich

Hi V6Power-

In the short history or our forum, this is the first incidence of negativity in the threads, and I'm anxious for it stop here. :(

While we appreciate varying perspectives, it's also important to realize, this is Adam's Forums, and sure, we have a slant towards our goods!

While calling attention to this professional detailer was not to promote our goods, it was meant to entertain, and I still believe that is entertained many, if not most of the members who watched it.

(We don't sell advertising here, rather, this is an Adam's sponsored community for our customers, friends, and soon-to-be-friends and customers to learn about detailing!)

At any rate, look around this forum, and you'll realize this is a positive, and kind community. One of the reasons we established this forum was to get away from the mean, unhappy, and miserable threads and posts on many of the enthusiast forums.

I invite you to be a positive participant in our forum, and hope that you can be pleasant part of our community.

Thanks for your positive input, and do me a favor the next time you write a post, smile while writing! :D

Thanks again for your positive input here at our community.:)

-Adam

I'll admit it, I once mixed up some Comet in a bucket when I was young and stupid, and possibly smoking something :willy::willy::willy::willy:

I wasn't happy with the results :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

I'll admit it, I once mixed up some Comet in a bucket when I was young and stupid, and possibly smoking something :willy::willy::willy::willy:

I wasn't happy with the results :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

My buddy and I used to use Spic & Span on his mom's Oldsmobile. I shudder to think what that car would look like today... :jester:

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/1292-car-washing-how-to-dry-your-car

It gets worse... he slaps the paint down with a waterblade then gives it a heavy dose of swirl marks w/ a bath towel.

BUT don't worry guys... hes an expert.. hes been doing this for 25 years :lol:

Ya, he definatly slapped the paint with the handle of the waterblade. I've done that before by accident when I first started using it and it will scuff your paint. If you use those you need to be careful but they will help the drying process when used properly.