Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spots inside the wheel drum

C4/C3 KIDD

Question

11 answers to this question

The finish on the barrels of the C7 wheels is not exactly great either. Grey paint on 2 new wheels was flaking off. Apparently they didn't do the prep Odds and Ends mentioned!

I used rattle cans of Rust-oleum wheel paint. Personally, I think your wheels would look really nice with the barrels painted or powder coated.

Plastidip.

Interesting idea.

Sure would be much more easily reversed if desired. How does the Plasticdip hold up on wheels...especially on barrels with heat from the brakes?

The same thing happened on my TBSS and I just had them powder coated $400 bucks and done. Now I'm thinking of getting my SSS wheels done because I love them so much lol

Yep, powder coat is a good call, that or do a chrome exchange through MidAmerica or West Coast Corvettes.

Interesting idea.

Sure would be much more easily reversed if desired. How does the Plasticdip hold up on wheels...especially on barrels with heat from the brakes?

2-3 years on mine...some maint./touchup is needed from time to time.  my neighbors still think I'm crazy for "spray painting" my rims, ha

I'm trying to clean up my wheel drum I use Adam's metal polish #1 and #2 but with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here are some pictures...

Could it be putting?

Thanks Mark

These are C5 corvette wheels, they are actually much better than C6 imo. C6 barrels are painted rough texture. I've had several corvettes. I purchased a low mile 02 but it was located in Wilmington NC on the coast. Same pitting problems from sand/salt. I tried myself to sand them down but they really have to be machined. We have a guy in town called the Wheel Doctor. He will come to your house or you can drop your car off. He can fix curb rash, pitting even some warping etc. He takes care of all the dealerships also in our area. Took him the 02 and for $100 per wheel he made them look like new again. I polished them and sealed them after that. I had my original wheels, my pockets were $400 lighter but my wheels could be easily maintained after this....