Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brushes for tires and wheels

OIF Vet

Question

I'm sitting here watching it snow and war gaming for my first detail of the season. I was watching the video of how to clean tires and wheels and noticed that I don't have any brushes. What ones do you guys recommend and where can I get them. I looked on the web site and didn't notice any. So, if you guys can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Rob

Hi Rob-

Coming soon, our Ultra-Premium 'Boulder Blonde" Boar's Hair Brushes:

Boulder Blonde are the Softest Boar's Hair bristles in existence, and highest quality brushes made.

As for the wheel Wells, no need to spoil a Boar's Hair Brush. Look out for a premium long-handle wheel-well brush, coming soon as well.

BlondeWheelLG.jpg

LGBlondeLG.jpg

Edited by Adam

What would be good to use for the wheel wells?

Rob

If they're not too nasty and you're just cleaning them up a bit, the boars hair brush will be fine (and is great for engine detailing too!). If there's some serious funk in them,

UB1101%2020in%20handle%20Tampico%20Action%20Car.jpg

Edited by Adam

Good point Bill. That would be great if Norm had those up in NH.

Adam - Any hint on what the prices will be?

Frank - I checked out the SwissVax Wheel brush and the shipping will be almost as much as the brush. I'll be waiting for that one I guess.

Rob

Good point Bill. That would be great if Norm had those up in NH.

Adam - Any hint on what the prices will be?

Frank - I checked out the SwissVax Wheel brush and the shipping will be almost as much as the brush. I'll be waiting for that one I guess.

Rob

The Blonde brushes won't be cheap Rob, about $28 - $39/ each. They will be deluxe, however!

Getting them there may be a stretch, as it's going to take two weeks to have them made!

How about: I'll try my darndest!

:thumbsup:

I'll pay the $28 - $39 for a good brush anyday. I rather pay alittle more and get a good product then pay alittle and get something bad. I guess I'll have to put those on my April's order. Thanks for the information.

Rob

I like the idea of the powersticks, but there just isn't enough fabric on the stick to make me want to use it. Kinda like making a sweater with only half the yarn.

I like the idea of the powersticks, but there just isn't enough fabric on the stick to make me want to use it. Kinda like making a sweater with only half the yarn.

Rich, I'm going to make you a believer. I wasn't a fan initially, and there is not much profit involved in selling these.

After using it on my vehicle yesterday, with our Green Wheel Cleaner, I was impressed. It really works well, and I don't see how damage could be caused!

Stay tuned, and I look forward to your thoughts after trying it out.:pc:

Rich, I'm going to make you a believer. I wasn't a fan initially, and there is not much profit involved in selling these.

After using it on my vehicle yesterday, with our Green Wheel Cleaner, I was impressed. It really works well, and I don't see how damage could be caused!

Stay tuned, and I look forward to your thoughts after trying it out.:pc:

Thanks Adam. I will be placing my order for one. Looking forward to trying this on the Saab wheels.

I wonder if someone with some camera skills could snap a pic of the powerstick while its rotating? That image would help ease my fears that there isnt enough fabric on those things...anyway, just a thought.

I wonder if someone with some camera skills could snap a pic of the powerstick while its rotating? That image would help ease my fears that there isnt enough fabric on those things...anyway, just a thought.

Ask and you shall receive my friend::D

I'd say the material is similar to those fake chamois you buy at the county fair, like the Sham Wow. It would be unlikely to do any damage, but really, it's not meant for cleaning the front of the rims.

Use a Boulder Blonde Boar's Hair Brush for that!:2thumbs:

powerstick1.jpg

PowerStick2.jpg

SuperStick1.jpg

PowerStick4.jpg