Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O GUARD AND GLOSS

Tkitch92

Question

How do you guys like the H2O Guard and Gloss? Can it/should it be used instead of wax? Should you wax first then apply the H2O guard and Gloss? Should this be used after every wash(1x/week) on a daily driver that spends all of its time outside in the sun and heat? Does this product give a nice shine/gloss like it was just waxed? How long does the shine last? Any other tips/suggestions on the H2O G&G appreciated. Sorry about all the questions but I just want to make sure that I REALLY need this product before I order it. Thanks!

20 answers to this question

Correct, we updated all of the kit images a week or two ago with the new bottle labels and put the Borderless Gray Towels in with the H2O Guard & Gloss Kits, but the backend system needs to be updated still to have the Borderless Gray instead of the Single Soft Towels. I will remind Matt :)

For what it's worth, I get 2-3 months out of one application of HGG on my daily driver, and using it every wash would be overkill in my opinion. For other tips/suggestions that you asked for:

- Only use it on one or two panels at a time

- If using it on a darker colored vehicle, work quickly to avoid streaking

- Try to use it in the shade if possible - if out in the sun, work quickly

- Two or three sprays per wet panel is usually enough, especially once the wet towel has some product built up in it

- Shake the bottle thoroughly before and during use

H20 G&G is a fantastic product!  It is more of a 'boost' product to add longevity to PS.  You can use it instead of wax, it does have lots of gloss, but I use wax on garage queens/show cars, and G&G on our daily drivers.

I use it in my Rinseless wash routine, adding protection without increasing the wash/dry time.

You really need to try this product. It's absolutely amazing! It's so glossy when I'm done I've pretty much given up on waxing altogether. Some do wax on top of H2O just to add a little extra pop but I find it pretty much good to go especially for a daily driver. I believe the standard answer is that it should last a few weeks to a month. Depends on your conditions, environment etc. I'm really addicted to this stuff and it's so damn easy to use. Just my opinion. Enjoy!

So i plan on applying it every 2 or 3 weeks because it is a daily driver and it's always outside. Does that seem like an overkill?

You really need to try this product. It's absolutely amazing! It's so glossy when I'm done I've pretty much given up on waxing altogether. Some do wax on top of H2O just to add a little extra pop but I find it pretty much good to go especially for a daily driver. I believe the standard answer is that it should last a few weeks to a month. Depends on your conditions, environment etc. I'm really addicted to this stuff and it's so damn easy to use. Just my opinion. Enjoy!

So i plan on applying it every 2 or 3 weeks because it is a daily driver and it's always outside. Does that seem like an overkill?

You'll notice it start to wear off when it stops beading when you wash/rinse. I would say every 2 to 3 weeks would be OK. I used it two washes in a row to build a good base and now it's about once a month before I reapply. Again, just depends on your driving conditions and environment/weather as to how long it will last.

Also, I found these towels are perfect for applying H2O as it has a tendency to stain lighter colored towels. I usually use 1 wet to apply the H2O as you dry your car and the other to final dry/polish.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/microfiber-towels/adam-s-borderless-gray-towel-2-pack.html

What's weird is they show those towels in the image for the H2O basic kit, but they ship with single soft?

And i believe you can contact them and have them prepare the kit so it will come with the borderless grey towels. The single softs and borderless grey towels are the same price so you wouldnt think it would be a problem.

I love H20 G&G! I have been using it every wash, and probably need to chill out a bit with it haha. I just bought a gallon of it (along with the new wheel cleaner) and when it arrived I was like a child on Christmas morning. I recently had my car serviced and the service center normally does a detail of the vehicle at the end of the service. The service manager approached me and said your car looks beautiful already! I laughed and looked at my car compared to the others and mine glistened while the others just looked clean. G&G for the win!

I agree with Dan I apply once a month on all 4 of my vehicles. I haven't had any trouble with streaking on dark colors but as I apply my son or daughter who ever will help me that day :) follows 2 panels behind me and then I go over it again just to make sure nothing was missed. If working in the direct sun yes move fast, I would say one panel at a time. I personally do the shaded area then turn the vehicle around and wait till it cools a little maybe 10-15 minutes for me its a smoke break :). I also ring out the towel every 2 panels to help cut down on the streaking. I shake the bottle after every 2 panels. Yes I'm OCD that's why everything is 2 panels. :)

I have a gallon and also a 16oz. bottle of the G&G. I love the stuff and have been applying it maybe every 2 months. I'm not going thru it very fast as I only have two vehicles and a little goes a long we.  I have noticed it separates very quickly. How long is to long to let it sit separated?

I have a gallon and also a 16oz. bottle of the G&G. I love the stuff and have been applying it maybe every 2 months. I'm not going thru it very fast as I only have two vehicles and a little goes a long we.  I have noticed it separates very quickly. How long is to long to let it sit separated?

They should last a pretty long time separated. I have 4 16 oz. bottles that have sit in my garage since last fall. Since i barely touched any of my Adam's products during the winter, I didn't shake them up a whole lot and i still get the same amazing results! 

How many applications can you get out of one bottle. I'm using it on a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ. I wish they sold 64 ounce bottles of this because I feel like one 16 ounce won't last but a month or two and the gallon will expire way before I can use it all up.

How many applications can you get out of one bottle. I'm using it on a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ. I wish they sold 64 ounce bottles of this because I feel like one 16 ounce won't last but a month or two and the gallon will expire way before I can use it all up.

I could probably use 1-2 16oz bottles in a whole summer. I use a very generous amount when I use it and I use it quite often. It lasts a lot longer than you think and the gallon shouldn't expire before you can use it all. 

i have a GMC sierra crew cab and hyundai santa fe...i believe I got 3-4 applictions for each vehicle out of a 16oz bottle.  You don't need much as once your application towel begins to get saturated with product you should use less.  this would probably last me 6-8 months

Tyler,

2 months per application. If you're using more than 2-3oz per application on your Cruze,you're using too much. 

I had a 16oz bottle I got with my DD detail kit in August of 2015. I've done my Toyota Camry, and my wife's Highlander at least 5 times between the two. 

I've gotten 2 more from mystery boxes that I've yet to even touch.

I took the 4oz sample bottle from my Sample Kit and dumped it into about 1.5 oz that remained in my original  16oz bottle, and i've done two applications since then on my Camry, and a friends VW jetta and I still have about 2/3 of that left.