Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash has changed it's color

First of all let me state that I love Adams products, so this post is not intended as a bash. About a month ago I purchased both a gallon and a 16 oz. size of Waterless Wash. Wonderful product. Both with new label + logo. Today I discovered that the gallon product has lost much of it's blue color. As if it had been diluted with water. The 16oz. spray bottle has maintained it's deep blue color. Both are stored in a dark garage (no sunlight) in a temperature range of 58-85 F. What's going on?

Got a gallon in last MB, it's also a very light blue. Lighter than old waterless. Haven't opened it yet but it certainly isn't as dark blue as the 32 oz I bought.

At the Good guys show in Columbus, Oh last weekend I helped out at the Adams booth on Sunday and used some new waterless wash. It was pretty close to the color of what is in the pictures posted above. Seemed to work great, well enough to remove small specs of cooking grease that landed on Mike Goldman's perfect black 32 Ford without damaging the paint. I would try it and see how it works.

Which picture?

Sorry I forgot to clarify that, the picture you posted of the waterless wash you received. The color of the product in that picture is very close to the color of the product I used last week.

That's what I figured. I recieved a 2oz sample size in a previous order and placed another order for the WW kit soley based on the awesome smell, LOL! The sample is the same color as well. I havent even used it yet, I just keep sniffing it..... :wacko:

Edited by chops1sc

Sorry I'm late to the thread here. Our last batch of Waterless Wash did indeed have a much lighter blue coloring to it, but the chemical formula did not change, and it still has the same awesome smell too. It should perform no differently than the darker blue bottles that you may have, but if for any reason you must have the darker colored Waterless Wash, please send us an email to orders@adamspolishes.com with your order number and a quick explanation and we can start a return and replacement on the items.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

Has there been some changes in color during the release process.

I was excited to here of the color change because I have made the stupid mistake and grabbed wheel cleaner instead of water-less.

Dan, this is your quote

We changed the color to a richer blue to keep all of our wash products in the blue color scheme, and so that it's easier to differentiate from our new formula Wheel Cleaner, which had a close hue to the Waterless Wash.

However the current pictures from the site. Looks pretty close to me. Be really hard to differentiate this.

I would have to go look but pretty sure my new waterless does not look like this.

post-13932-0-22497700-1468603979_thumb.jpg

The semi-opaque plastic of the 32oz bottles do make colors misleading. Wheel Cleaner is a darker blue, whereas the Waterless Wash is a brighter, more colorful blue. Same products in the clear 16oz bottles, this was one of the initial batches of the new Waterless Wash formula, color difference is very apparent with the 16oz bottles:

lBbUnGK.jpg

o228fFi.jpg

For the 32oz bottles, they're a different plastic material, so you will have to double check that front label before you go and spray it on the vehicle since the color difference is not as apparent.

Here is the new wheel cleaner the new waterless wash and the old waterless wash post-13614-0-17852500-1468615056_thumb.jpg

New wheel cleaner is a deeper blue New Waterless wash is lighter blue and Old Waterless wash is a transparent blue looks different to me the pic on the site might need updating that's all no big deal here!

Edited by Wild2003ss

• 3 weeks later...

My current 16 oz bottle that I recieved 2 weeks ago went from blue to a basically grey color sitting in the house. the sample bottle that was in my garage changed color in less than a week.Coloring just must not be as stable as Adams would have liked it. It appears to work and smell just fine!

I got a sample of Waterless Wash in my last MB and it was also a very light blue, however it definitely didn't affect the performance, already tested it on a couple of bird bombs and it worked perfectly well, plus that smell is second to none, I seriously love how it smells. Got a 32oz bottle because I liked the smell so much, also because I figured that could be part of my emergency bird bomb kit for the car. I will be happy to update you guys on the color of the 32oz bottle once I get it in the mail.

i had the same exact problem with waterless wash! just the color fading away.. i hope it still performs well.. I know dan mentioned about allowing a return swap for the blue. is that still an option??

Give them a call and watch what amazing customer service is really about. The entire team bends over backwards for customers