Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ram Laramie Longhorn Leather

Dreamworkz

Question

I recently pruchased a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn EcoDiesel about a month ago and I have to say, it is one of the best trucks have have ever driven in my life. Selling points on it were the EcoDiesel and the MPG's and the interior. The interior is the brown saddle bag leather and it's awesome and has the exact smell of saddle leather. But my main question is, is Adams Leather & Interior Cleaner and Leather conditioner safe for my leather interior that I have where I don't have to worry about it discoloring or any other thing? Of course on the tag that was on the truck it states "use a soft cloth dampened with lukewarm water and mild soap." Of course I'm against using and type of soaps on leather because it will dry it out. 

I figured I would come on here and ask the question and not on the Ram forums because I only use Adams products and do not want to use any other product. 

Thank you!!

~Nick~

8 answers to this question

I have a 2013 Ram Laramie with leather interior. I only use Adam's Leather/Interior Cleaner and Leather conditioner. No problems so far. I love their stuff. Enjoy the truck!!!

Same experience with a 2008 Suburban with leather. 

Just to be safe, try an inconspicuous area first. 

Yes the cleaner and conditioner are completely safe.

Congrats on the EcoDiesel, I've wanted one myself! Great engine.

The dealer instructions say use a damp cloth with mild soap and water because it's not a natural hide / aniline leather - it's a urethane (plastic) coating on top of the leather that you are treating and Adams products are great for it - this is the type of leather in 99% of vehicles.

The only natural leather needing true saddle soap and oils to pull dirt out of the hide is the Ford King Ranch leather (it looks like a baseball glove)

I use the Total Interior Cleaner and Leather Conditioner in my Vantage. As already noted, test a small area first and go real light, I put an X on a foam applicator and rub it into the applicator really well before touching my leather. I use about 1/4 of what Adam does in the video. But if I was working on a black or trashed leather I would use that amount. 

DSC_9209-L.jpg

Edited by Bill-V8V

^^Great post - yes you do not need to use much at all, otherwise you'll just be wiping away excess - you are treating the urethane plastic coating, there is nothing to "absorb" so to speak -similar to VRT on trim, only so much can be soaked into the surface before it sits on top and needs to be wiped away - one 16 oz bottle of conditioner lasts me 8 months or more.

Your car is fairly new.  For now, and until your leather gets REALLY dirty,  you can get by with just the Leather Conditioner. It has mild cleaning properties in it and will take car of any scuffs or light dirt while keeping your leather soft and smooth. Use it on your dash, doors, wherever you have vinyl or leather.  It also has a high SPF factor too to protect your ride from sun drying.   If you do feel you need to use the strong cleaner, then be sure to follow up with the Conditioner.  t's all I use on my rides. 

Post up some pics of that ride.