Customer Service 866.965.0400

Suggestions for detailing a car once....

clg82

Question

Hey everyone, I had someone housesit for me while I was away on vacation and in return I told them I would detail their car for them.  It's a brand new prius (habanero orange) and was just wondering what you guys suggest for detailing the outside of the car?  I don't want to do a whole paint correction, would like to do something like a 2 bucket wash followed by a clay, than maybe Americana then brilliant glaze?  does that sound reasonable....should I add in paint sealant in place of something else?  what does everyone suggest?

11 answers to this question

I'd do a inside outside wash job with paint sealnt and americana. Seems fair enough and I love this particular combo except I have patriot not americana

so no brilliant glaze....should I even clay the car then? 

I would throw in a coat of sealant before/instead of the wax, if you do both they should be protected for awhile, so long as they are not automatic car wash people.....

if they go to the automatic it's the touchless....and it's not daily lol.....so you suggest no brilliant glaze than?  do you suggest even claying the car then?  you suggest just paint sealant and than Americana? 

​Do the baggy test first to see if it needs clayed. As far as Americana or PS, if the car lives outside I would definitely go with the PS. And as far as the BG, I would apply it no matter what protection that you go with.

how long after using the paint sealant can I apply the brilliant glaze?